Days

I woke up to the sound of my ringtone; I just wanted to sleep in, even if it was only for another hour. My clock read 6:47, who in their right mind would be texting me this early on a Sunday morning? My heart soared when I saw who it was, but there was a little shadow hanging over my thoughts, why did he text me this early?

From Bren:

Can I come over?

To Bren:

Of course, babe. Something wrong?

From Bren:

I just want to get out of the house before my parents are awake, I can imagine they won't be too happy.

To Bren:

Well get over here asap, you gonna want breakfast?

From Bren:

Sounds great, be there in five.

Brendon hadn't given me much time, so I decided to just stay in my PJ pants and not bother with a shirt. I couldn't choose what to make him, considering I'd never actually seen him eat, so I settled on waffles. Who doesn't like waffles?

Just as I had started pouring the waffle batter into the pan when there was a knock on the door. I ran to the door and let him in, pulling him into a tight hug. He smelled amazing, just like fabric softener, I never wanted to let him go. Brendon relaxed into the embrace, leaning into me, pressing our bodies closer together. I didn't let go until I smelled something burning.

"Shit" I muttered, pulling away and sliding into the kitchen.

Brendon leaned against the door frame, laughing as I struggled with the waffle iron. After a minute of fighting with it, I gave up and put it in the sink to soak. I walked passed the fridge and pulled out two strawberry yogurts and spoons. I jumped up onto the island and pat the counter for Brendon to join me.

"So, have you figured out who you are going to live with yet?" I asked as I handed him the yogurt.

"No, it's between getting beat every day or living across town. I don't think I could handle not seeing you all the time." He opened the yogurt and stirred it around.

"I would hate it too, but I would rather you do what is best for you. I also couldn't deal with seeing you in pain all the time." As much as it hurt to think of not seeing him every day, it would hurt to know that I was the reason he stayed and got beat.

"Yea," He continued to just push the yogurt around, not eating it.

"Brendon, when was the last time you ate?" I asked.

"Um . . . we had that picnic Friday, and I had a sandwich." He muttered, still not bothering to actually eat the food.

I scooched closer to him, taking his spoon and cup from him. Taking a spoonful, I held it up and made it fly around like an airplane.

"Now open up, here comes the airplane," I spoke in a slight baby voice, making him give me an unimpressed stare.

"Dallon, I am perfectly capable of feeding my-" I cut him off the slipping the spoon into his mouth.

"You're adorable when you want to kill me," I giggled, preparing another spoonful.

"Okay, okay, I'll eat it, but we have to go do something fun today. " Brendon took the spoon from me and finished off the yogurt.

"We could go to the music store," I suggested, hopping off the counter to throw away the yogurt cups and put the spoons in the sink.

"Yes! Let's do that!" Excitement spread over his face as he jumped off the counter.