"You want to drink?" Dennise asked without turning her head away from the roads. "There's a nightclub around here we used to frequent during our college days. It's not as luxurious as the clubs in Taguig, ha pero it's a good place to have fun and hangout. Ano, fine with that?"

"Sure, why not? Gabi-gabi ka siguro roon, 'no?"

"Wow, nagsalita!"

"Hey, I did go to clubs but only during Saturday nights lang kaya... well, until Kim introduced Ara and Mika to me. Lakas mag-aya nung mga 'yun. "

"See? What happened to our role student?"

"I was a student leader who graduated with excellent grades kaya. At least, I managed my social life well too." Alyssa crossed her arms against her puffed chest, challenging Dennise to argue with her. However, Dennise just laughed at her.

"I am impressed on how defensive you can get, Valdez."

"I am not being defensive!"

"Sure you are not," Dennise let go of the stick to poke and tickle Alyssa who glared at her in return. "I am going to miss you, Ly."

"You are so in love with me."

"And I am not even going to deny it." Dennise quipped, making both of them laugh.

The club was pretty crammed for a Sunday night. Alyssa had to make sure she and Dennise could  pushed through the crowd without getting separated. They settled at the bar as there were no more empty tables for them.

"What's yours, Ly?"

"Ginger ale? Anything nonalcoholic."

"It's fine. I'll drive us home."

"I'll look after you. I can't get drunk."

"Silly, who says you have to look after me pa? Don't worry, okay?"

"Well, if you insist..."

"I insist. It's on me, ha?" Dennise reminded Alyssa again before giving the bartender a huge smile, her card and then their order. She dragged her bar stool closer to Alyssa so she could hear her voice over the loud techno pop music blasting the speakers.

Dennise noticed that people were stealing glances of them. It was starting to bother her when her eyes caught a group of guys checking them out, checking out her girlfriend mostly who glammed herself with an off-sleeves blue blouse that exposed her lean arms and her favorite denim shorts emphasizing her long legs. She has always thought of Alyssa as an overall wonderful person but tonight, she was again reminded of how effortlessly attractive she was-- her height, sun-kissed tan and her smile that exudes confidence.
And damn those black-rimmed eyeglasses.

"Is this the best time to throw in one of those lines from clichés movies?" Alyssa's lips turned into a smirk as she planted her elbow on the table and leaned her head on her palm. "Miss, it's rude to stare. Take a picture, it lasts longer."

It took Dennise few seconds before she realized Alyssa was making fun of her. In the three seconds that followed, a series of emotions flashed on her face-- confused, surprised, and then annoyed. She topped all of it with an emphatic roll of eyes while Alyssa grinned pleased and satisfied.

"Ang annoying mo! I wasn't even staring. Vain!" 

"You were kaya. Don't worry. I take pictures of you too when you are not looking. That makes it fair, right?"

"What?!"

"Aww, thanks." Alyssa ignored Den's gawk as she faced the bartender again to accept their drinks. She took a sip from her highball glass, flavors of cranberries, oranges and vodka exploding in her mouth, then she gave an approving smile to him. "This is good."