Chapter 1: The New Kid

"Who do you think you are coming home at 10 o'clock at night!" he yelled. "You are 17 years old and better have a damn good reason to be coming home this late! You don't deserve me! Your a worthless peice of shit!" I sobbed uncontrollably as he raised his fist and sent me a very heavy blow to the stomach. My piercing scream ecoed through out the hallways and he kicked me over and over again. "P-please...stop please!" I begged but that only made it worse. He smacked me across the face, the sting of his hand burning my cheek. "Don't talk to me like that you a fucking piece af trash!" I cried as he left me in the hallway battered and bruised while he slammed his room door closed. I could hear his shouting profanities about me. Then I heard the sound of him flicking a lighter and the clank of a spoon being slammed onto a hard surface. I tried to stand but my feet just wobbled and the pain from my stomach surged through me like I was struck by lightning. I got onto my knees and crawled into my room, closed the door, and twisted the lock so that I was safe. Why was it always me that had to go through this pain? I didnt do anything wrong. Why was he like this to me? That man was my druggie, abusive, so called dad.

*****

"Tali baby!" My best friend Melanie called out to me as I walked to first period. "What's up? You haven't called me all weekend."

"Sorry I've been reading this really good book. Can't put it down." I lied to her. I hadn't called her because my dad broke my phone...

Melanie had been my best friend since 5th grade. She was with me the day my mom died. Melanie had long jet black hair and was Asian. She was gorgeous and I couldn't help but to be jealous of her. I had a boring blonde mop of hair that stopped right below my shoulders. Melanie stood at a tall 5'9 while I was only 5'6. The only thing I could say I had over Melanie was my eyes. Her's were a pretty brown but mine were greyish blue. Really uncommon.

Melanie and I said out goodbyes before we separated to go to our first class of the day.

Right as I sat down, Mr. Derek walked in, "Alright class please take a seat, class is starting." I pulled out my note book, homework, and my pencil from my bag. As I sat up, the door creeked open and in stepped a boy with dark brown hair, the bluest eyes that I have ever seen in my life, and a pink slip in hand. 

I have to admit, he was VERY good looking. He stepped into the doorway and walked over to Mr. Derek's desk. Mr. Derek pulled on his reading glasses, examined the note, and stood up. "Class, this is Tannor, he's new here, just moved here from Miami, Florida."

He turned to Tannor." Go take a seat anywhere you like." Tannors eyes scanned the room until they found their way to mine. He smiled and walked over to me and sat in the seat next to mine.

"Hi, Im Tannor." He asked me.

"I'm uhm...Talia, yeah Talia.."

" Beautiful name." He turned his attention towards the front of the classroom and I blushed. 45 minutes later the bell rang signaling the end of class. I packed my things into my bag and headed to my second period, English honors with Mrs. Chandels. I heard footsteps running behind me and next thing I knew, Tannor was next to me, panting a little.

"Hey, what do you have next?" He asked me. "English. What about you?"

"Uh...where's language study? I have it with Mrs. Chandles." He asked me, a confused look etched on his face.

"Oh, that's English, I have that next too. You can walk with me." I gave him a shy smile.

"Thanks." He smiled, showing off a dimple on his left cheek.

*45 minutes later*

  The bell rang and all of the other students and Mrs. Chandles left the room. I was still packing up and didnt relize that Tannor was waiting by the door for me. I stood up a little too quick causing pain to surge throughout my stomach from where I had a massive bruise from my dad. I fell to the floor with a thump and my eyes watered with unshed tears. I heard footsteps running over to me and then I felt a pair of strong arms embrace me and pick me up. I looked up and I saw it was Tannor.

"I'm fine just put me down." I said quickly.

"Are you sure your ok cause you look like your in a lot of pain." He used his thumb to wipe away a stray tear.

"Put me down!." I yelled. He looked at me with a shocked expression and carefully lowered me to the ground.

*

Finally school was over. As soon at the bell rung, I ran out of the class and to my skate board that was propped up against the chain fence surrounding the school. I decided it was a good time to talk to my mom.

I walked down the familiar path to the graveyard, skateboard tucked away under my arm as I counted headstones.

"5...6...7..." When I reached the 8th headstone, I knelt down and ran my finger over the lettering

In Loving Memory Of Anna Marie Munro

January 7th, 1981 - August 19th, 2008

I blinked furiously trying to hold back the tears. "Hi mommy. Uhm... today was pretty good." I fumbled with the hem of my sweater. "I met a new kid at school. His names Tannor." I told my mom about my grades, my teachers, even about Melanie and her crazy little brother.

"Mommy daddy isn't doing too good. He misses you. We both do. Help him please mommy." Tears streamed down my face and I wiped them away quickly. "He needs help..." That's when I broke. I lie down on the dirty ground next to my mother's grave and cried. I cried for her. I cried for my dad. I cried for myself. I just cried. Eventually I found myself falling asleep and I decided not to fight it.

I woke up with a pounding headache. My eyes were swollen shut and my throat was scratchy and dry. Slowly I peeled my eyes open and let them adjust to the darkness. I looked around and realized I was still at my mothers grave. I pulled out my iPod and checked the time. 9pm!? I'm dead.

Picking myself up off the ground, I ran down the path and threw my skateboard on the ground, jumping on it. Rolling down the dark side road, I started to panic. I need to get home NOW.

A/N Hey guys! DON'T FORGET I'M REWRITING! I'M GOING TO TRY AND REWRITE A CHAPTER A DAY SO STAY TUNED! Thanks for reading! Please FAN, VOTE,  and  COMMENT PLEASE! The picture on the side is of Talia...its Ashley Benson. Tell me what you think! Next chapter will be in Tannors POV. Just so you know.

-iiCUTE-