The Ice Rink ( A Justemi Story)

Hey guys! I know, another Justemi story! Lol this story was originally a Diall story but since Justin loves hockey I HAD to make it Justemi! Anyway enjoy! :)

Ages:
Demi- 23
Mason- 5
Justin- 24

I walked into the ice rink with Mason, walking as fast as we could.
 "Aunt Dee can you stay and watch today?"
"Sorry bud I can't I have work."
 "You always say that!" I let out a laugh and kneeled down in front of him. "Well I wouldn't have to work if you didn't have me buy you all those toys."
"I don't even ask for them you buy them for me!" I laughed kissing his head.
"Because I love you, now go to practice I'll pick you up later."
"Promise me that you'll watch me next practice."
"I promise Mase now go ."
"Bye Aunt Dee." He said kissing my cheek and running off. I smiled walking out of the ice rink. I did have time to watch him practice for hockey but I just didn't want to. I'm watching next practice so that'll make up for it. The only reason I could make time for Mason was because I owned the designing company that I work at, if I didn't none of this would even be possible. I opened the car door and got in quickly driving to the building and walked in to find everyone running around.
 "Morning Ms.Lovato!" They all said in unison.
 "Why are you guys here so early?" I asked confused looking at all the employees.
"Um Ms.Lovato there's so much to do, we have to be here early."
"You guys work way too hard. No one should be her before 10 and stay later than 6. Understand?" I saw them all nod making me smile.
 "I brought donuts so eat up. If anyone needs me I'll be in the office." "Thank you!" I heard as I walked to my office. I pushed the big glass doors open to my office. I saw the light showing through the huge glass wall showing me a full view of the city. As I plopped down onto the seat I let out a sigh at the paperwork on my desk. I quickly dialed a number looking for one of the employees.
"Kate? Hey can I see you in my office please?"
"Yeah I'll be there in a bit." I hung up the phone to see the doors open in a matter of seconds.
"Hey Kate I wanted to ask about all these papers."
 "Oh those are just contracts and other business letters."
 "Wow this gonna take me the whole day. What are you doing?"
 "I just finished the last file that you wanted me to complete."
"Awesome! Um but could you do me a huge favor and read half of this contracts slash whatever they are and just write a little sticky note about what it is on the top."
"Yeah no problem." She said taking half of the papers.
"By the way Kate how's your mom doing?"
"Not too great. The hospitals saying they will take her out of the room she's in if we don't pay for it. That's why I have this job."
"How much is left to pay?"
"Around a thousand dollars." I quickly wrote a check for two thousand dollars and handed it to her.
"I want you to take the next week off. Spend as much time as you can with your mom." Kate had tears streaming down her cheeks and hugged me tightly.
"I know how it feels to lose someone to cancer. I wish someone would have helped me when I was going through money problems." I pulled away from the hug and smiled.
"Stay strong Hun." She nodded before walking out and closing the door. I sighed sitting back in my chair and starting on the mountain of paperwork

Later That Evening:

I walked upstairs to the apartment and knocked on the familiar door. I heard someone unlock the door and open it. "Hey Demi!"
"Hey Nick, he there?"
"Yeah he's great just like always."
"Aunt Dee!" I heard Mason yell as he ran to me.
"Thanks so much Nick, it means a lot."
"Don't worry Dems you're like my sister, it's all good and I love the kid he keeps me entertained."
"By the way were about to have dinner wanna join?"
"Nahh I have company coming in a few minutes." He said biting his lip making me smirk. "Ohh well uhh have fun." I let out a laugh while walking next door.
"Thanks and Goodnight."
"Yeah you too." I said opening our door and letting Mason walk in.
"Guess what?" He asked excitedly
"What?"
"Coach taught me some new tricks today in hockey!"
"Did he? Sounds like I need to meet your coach."
"You should he's pretty cool." I let out a laugh while placing my coat on the couch.
"You got homework?"
"Nope Uncle Nick helped me with it."
"Good boy. So what do you want for dinner?"
"Um can we have chicken and rice please?"
"You bet, but you have to help me little chef."
"Je suis petit chef!" Mason yelled making me laugh.
"Let me go change and then we can start ok?" He nodded as I walked to my room to change into sweat pants and a t-shirt. I walked back to see Mason taking out the cutting board and skillets.
"For a five year old you're pretty smart."
"For a...wait how old are you Aunt Dee?"
"23."
"You're old!"
"Gee thanks." I rolled my eyes taking out some chicken and rice.
"Can you to go set up the table." He nodded and I started cooking as he slowly set up the table. As I finished up Mason helped me pour the chicken over the rice.
"High five!" I said holding up my hand.
"I'm sorry I don't high five old people." He said grabbing his plate and sitting at the dinner table. I stood there shocked as I looked at my hand. "Aren't you gonna eat Aunt Dee?"
"Yeah yeah." I walked over to the dinner table to start eating. Mason finished his dinner before me and placed his plate in the sink.
"Aunt Dee I'm going to sleep."
"Ok but brush your teeth and go over your spelling words because I'm testing you tomorrow."
"Fine, fine. Goodnight!"
"Where's my kiss?" He laughed running into my arms and hugging me giving my cheek a kiss.
"Goodnight baby boy." He moved off of me and walked out of the kitchen. I finished up my dinner and washed the dishes. The apartment was clean, really clean so there wasn't stuff always lying around. I finished signing some contracts and heard someone talking. I walked over to where the voice was coming from and heard it from Mason's room. Confused and curious I peeked through the little crack of the door.
"Goodnight Momma I miss you a lot. But I'm doing fine cause Aunt Dee takes good care of me so don't worry. Aunt Dee always tells me that you're gone to be with God cause he needed you so I'm not mad. By the way Aunt Dee forgot that I had my spelling test today at school. She's so funny! I have to go or Aunt Dee will come get me. I love you momma and I miss you." I watched him move away from the window since he was looking at the stars. I bit my lip from crying but tears flowed down my cheeks. I silently walked to my room to slip into bed. I wiped my tears and sniffled as I brought the covers over me. I quickly close my eyes falling into deep sleep.

Thats it for chapter 1! Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes! Stay tuned for chapter 2!
                                                                                                             ~Lauryn