Chapter 21: The coffee shop effect.

After a bit of waiting and chatting with Lily, the doorbell rang. "Who could it be?" Lily says. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. Phil said he was coming over, probably nothing important" Yeah, you tell yourself that. I get up and open the door. "Hi y/n!! Can I come in?" No, Phil. You can't. "Of course!" I say as enthusiastically as him, but not really meaning it. He walks in and greets Lily then gets in my room that I tidied up before he came. "So..." he starts saying but he's interrupted by my phones ringtone. "Sorry, got to get this" I say and leave the room.

Chris Kendall calling... "Hello?" "Hi y/n, it's Chris. Are you busy right now?" He says, sounding out of breath. "Kind of, but that didn't stop anyone from bothering me. What's up?" "Yeah umm I'm coming over to your place I need some help bye". Okay then. I get back to my room to see Phil holding my suitcase. "PHIL PUT THAT DOWN RIGHT NOW" I yell and he jumps, startled. "Sorry u-um here I'll-I'll leave it here" he puts the suitcase down next to the bed. "Sorry for yelling at you like that...it's just that I have a lot in my mind and I hate it when people mess with my stuff or look through them" I say and he says "I get it...sorry. Anyways, I came here to tell you something really import-" he's cut off by the doorbell. "Oh, that must be Chris" I say.

I and he walk out of my room to my door. "Why did you invite him?" He asks. "He invited himself" I say and open the door to see Chris in a state I wouldn't have imagined him to be. He was bleeding through his forehead and had dirt on him. He was sweating and panting like crazy. "Can I come in?" He says and Phil grabs him before he fainted.

"I'm going to bring a wet cloth, lie him on the couch" I say and head to the kitchen quickly. Phil closes the door and drags Chris to the couch, placing pillows under his head. I wet a cloth and head to the living room. "This would hurt if you were conscious" I say and press the wet cloth on the forehead, removing all the dried blood and cleaning the wound. "What do you think happened to him?" Phil says, his voice shaky. "Maybe he got attacked by a mugger?" I propose calmly and suddenly I see Chris lightly steer and mumble total nonsense. "Asmfehewhsb...Efsordntnt..." I start giggling and Phil follows right after. "Oh hey, now that nobody is bothering us, I can tell you what I came here for" Phil says and I answer "Yeah, sur-" "Ow" We hear and turn our heads to the direction of the sound. Chris opens his eyes and mumbles "Where am I..." "In heaven. Just kidding, my place. You came here and fainted on the doorstep. God only knows what you've been through" I say, there's too much dialogue! Change it up a bit! The readers say and now we go to the next scene.

Chris gets up from the couch and dizzily walks like if he was drunk. Phil makes him sit down and speak up about what happened and I get him some painkillers. After giving them to him and a half hour of explanation, we found out what happened to Chris. Apparently, he was attacked at a coffee shop robbery, trying to be the hero of the day, and of course failed. To sum up, he got a knife on his forehead and knee, which we bandaged up later, and called me as I was the first contact on his phone and the closest to that coffee shop. The Starbucks, remember? That place. Anyways, after all that we decided to watch a movie with Lily because we had nothing to do and it was too late for them to go home. But then I remembered that tomorrow morning i will be going out with Dan. Oh noooooo. You said it would all be juuust fine. Is it fine now? Huh? Shut. Up. OH NO. I AM NOT SHUTTING UP. WE ARE DOING THIS RIGHT HERE, RIGHT. NOW. "Guys, I am going to bed, do you want me to bring sheets?" I try to say calmly. "It's ok, I got this. You go sleep" Lily says and i practically run to my room. Oh god. It's happening.

I know you might be wondering what is going on. This little voice in my head I like to call "insecurities" has haunted me since that day. Yep, I am about to have a panic attack just because of this stupid voice. OH. NOW I AM STUPID? WHY DIDNT YOU JUST JOIN THEM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO, HUH? MAYBE THAT WAY I WOULDNT EXIST. Keep it cool y/n, just breathe. USELESS PIECE OF POOP. IF ONLY YOU HAD JOINED THEM, YOU WOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS NOW. YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SUFFERED BY THEM YOU IDIOTIC BRAINLESS GOLDFISH. Be calm, be calm... YOU STUPID SHAIT, HOW DO YOU EVEN HAVE FRIENDS? YOU DONT DESERVE ANY OF THIS. IF YOU HAD PICKED THEM ALL THOSE YEARS AGO, YOU WOULD BE THE BOSS OF THAT SCHOOL. BUT NOOO. YOU JUST HAD TO SPEND THE ONLY CHANCE YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY BE LIKED, HUH?? HUUH?????? "SHUT UP!!" I accidentally yell and sit on the floor, hugging my knees and crying. The door opens and Chris, Phil and Lily step in to see me be a wreck. One more of your secrets revealed. Grrrrr...

End of Chapter 21.
(949 words).