Chapter 2: The Adventure Club

"Hello." I heard a guy's voice say. All the lights and curtains in the room were closed, so I couldn't see anything.

"Um... hi, I got a message telling me to come here...was that you?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes, it was us."

"Us?"

The lights turned on. I saw two guys and one girl looking at me. One of the guys took a step front and I immediately understood who he was.

"Dimitri?" I said. We hadn't spoken to each other since elementary school. We used to be best friends until he changed schools. He never tried to contact me back, even though he had my number. I was shocked to see him.

He pointed at a desk. There was a paper on it. I sat down and read it. "The adventure club?" I asked.

"That's who we are. We heard you were looking for a new group. I knew you wouldn't stand the plastics. You were always different. A thinker. So, we talked about you and decided to ask for you to be in our club. The only thing you will need to do is to sign down the bottom."

I read what the terms and conditions of the club were. I giggled. "To be honest, it kind of sounds ridiculous," I said kind of ironically.

"Why are you doubting us?" He answers back, might I say sassily.

"Well, you haven't talked to me in years and one day you just decided to text me. Why did you cut off all ties with me and then expect me to be your friend again?" I said, getting angrier.

Dimitri frowned. "I didn't mean to stop speaking to you, I was just-"

"Why would I even trust whatever you say? You know what, no. I'm not signing this. I'm leaving." I got up and stormed off, never looking back.

What I didn't know was that this was going to be the beginning of my nightmare.

End of chapter 2.