› Nineteen / Alive ‹

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It is, you left us," I pushed. Dad's eyes snapped to mine, anger was evident.

"You left us, left her to wake up on her own in a panic, while you were picking flowers or whatever," I said with a frown.

By now, everyone in the room was staring at me and Dad.

"Carl, stop," he told me calmly, although I could tell he was still pissed. I shrugged before turning on my heel to go back to Jordan.

I heard footsteps following me. I turned sharply to see Beth, not Dad.

 I turned sharply to see Beth, not Dad

"What do you want?" I said coldly. Beth looked at me with a look of disappointment. 

"You know, he does really care about her," she said while catching up to me. She stood in front of me, looking further down the hallway, weary of anything or anyone who could sneak up on us.

"If he did, he wouldn't of left," I stated. She nodded slowly, seemingly understanding my point.

"Ever thought that he might of needed a get-a-way?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. I sighed.

"But he knew that she needed him," I continued, huffing.

"He didn't know that she'll wake up," Beth defended, "he loves her, just like how you love him. Don't put all the blame on him."

She sighed and walked back to the main cell block, leaving me alone in the hallway. I turned back around and made my way back to Jordan's cell.

›››‹‹‹

When I entered, she was awake, staring at the wall.

"I figured that everyone had given up on me," she muttered under her breath before turning to look at me with a sad smile

"You're the only one that hasn't though," she added. I smiled back at her before taking my place at the end of the bed. She reached out to grab the hat on top of my head. She rested it on her lap.

"This was your Dad's, right?" she asked, looking up at me. I nodded. I didn't know whether to say anything about him being here.

"I never had a fancy hat like this," she said, smiling, I could tell she was thinking of her past. She looked back to me and placed the hat back on my head. I fixed it a little.

I noticed that Jordan kept glancing at the cell door way, like she was expect someone to turn up. I caught her multiple times doing it. I knew who she wanted.

"He's here," I decided to finally admit, looking down at my hands. She gasped.

"Why isn't he here then?" she questioned coldly, like how I did with Beth.

"He doesn't know that you're awake," I said, bring my eyes up to her. She looked thoughtful and stressed.

"I don't know what I am supposed to say to him. Should I tell him that I acted like an insane person because he wasn't here?" Jordan questioned, "I was thinking of things that I would tell him, but I don't know anymore. I just panicked earlier. I had a dream.. I was confused."

I nodded slightly.

"You'll know what to say when you see him," I said, glancing at the door, where she was once looking. I could hear footsteps, approaching the cell block.

I looked back at Jordan, noticing that she seemed more fearful and nervous about who was coming.

"Uh, hey," a rough voice said. Daryl entered the cell and Jordan seemed to of calmed down. Daryl sat down on the stool where he was sitting earlier in the day.

"Daryl, I'm so sorry," Jordan apologised, her eyebrows furrowed sadly. I didn't know what she might've said to him or why she was saying sorry. Daryl shook his head slowly.

"Don't be, I get it," he replied simply. Daryl glanced at me. I knew he was asking if she knew about my Dad being here. I nodded firmly. He sent me a small smile, causing Jordan frown at us.

"Want me to go tell him yer awake?" Daryl asked Jordan who was now sitting up straighter. Her eyes lit up a little.

"Please," she mumbled. Daryl stood up and made his way out of the cell block. I could hear his footsteps fading away into the prison.

I readjusted my position on the end of the bed, shuffling towards her. I could tell she was really nervous, she kept trying to hide her shaking hands from me.

"It'll be okay," I quoted what I originally told my Dad a few days ago.

"I know," she replied shortly which worried me and then I knew why.

My Dad stood in the doorway, holding Judith. His blue eyes glimmered in the light or maybe it was because he was close to tears. He took a careful step into the cell, looking at Jordan as if she wasn't really there.

"At least we got shot in the same spot, must be a cop thing," she joked surprisingly, trying to make light of the situation. Judith giggled in Dad's arms.

Dad chuckled, sitting on the stool, right next to where Jordan was sitting on her bed.

"I don't think words will ever explain how sorry I am for not being here when you woke up. I understand how frightened you must've been," Dad started to explain, staring hopefully at his girlfriend.

"Jords, I had to get away. I thought you were dead when I saw the amount of blood you lost. It was like my whole world went out of focus for a little while and I had to leave," he added. Jordan smiled at him reassuringly. She wasn't mad at him and to be honest, neither was I. My Dad glanced over at me and back to Jordan.

"If I had lost yo-," Jordan cut my Dad off.

"I'm still here, Rick, I'm alive and breathing. Nothing is going to happen to me, Carl or Judy. It'll be okay," she quoted, sideways glancing at me. Dad smiled a little before standing up and making his way to her, giving me Judith who was gurgling. He kneeled in front of Jordan, who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

Dad held both of Jordan's hands carefully, as if he was afraid that she'd break at any moment.

"I love you Jordan," Dad said confidently, kissing her forehead, then her nose and lastly her mouth. Tears rolled down Jordan's face, falling onto the floor as he pulled away.

"I love you too, Rick," she whispered beaming a bright smile.

You tell me "hold your head up,
hold your head up and be strong.
'Cause when you fall, you gotta get up,
you gotta get up and move on."

Songs:

º Till It Happens To You by Lady Gaga (only listen to if you understand the meaning behind the song, not really suitable for younger people)

ª Alive by Sia (preferably for the last part)