"So do you!" She smiled wide while admiring my American flag dress with black heels. My lipstick was red and both of us were wearing the same long fake eyelashes with a couple red, white, and blue lashes mixed in with the black. These will probably be my favorite outfits for this whole competition. Delilah was acting more like herself now. Even if it was an act that I knew she wouldn't be able to keep up with for long, it would get her through this performance. I heard the music blasting and thought here we go again.

------------------

"You did amazing!" I complimented Delilah the second she got off stage. I was on in three more acts. 

"Thanks, did my outfit look wierd because it totally didn't match the song?" I observed her outfit.

"Nope!" We didn't have an outfit change today so she was still in her cute british outfit.

"You nervous?" She asked me. I felt my hands shake.

"Yeah, but I usually get over it the second I get on stage." She nodded in agreement. 

"So where's Roman?" I looked around awaiting her boyfriend to swoop in and take her away from me. 

"Don't know, I broke up with him." What the fuck.. I looked at her with my eyes big and my mouth open.

"And you didn't tell me because?" She just shrugged.

"You didn't ask." 

"Well what happened?" I asked. They were too cute to break up.

"He said something about my mom." That doesn't sound like Roman at all... I nodded my head, knowing it wasn't a subject to linger on. Delilah could get anybody anyways, guys all over America are drooling over, including some celebrities. It's all over twitter. We stood on the side of stage and watched the next couple performers before Delilah gave me a tight hug and wished me good luck. I waved bye to her as she headed off and I got ready for my performance of Firework by Katy Perry.

>Delilah's POV<

The show just ended and everyone had done fabulous. The van was waiting for me outside and all I needed was to grab my bag from the makeup room. But of course, I walk in and Roman's in there looking for something. I stopped in the doorway. He must of heard me because he looked up from digging through shopping bags. 

"I uhh.. Just need my bag." Awkwardly, I pointed at my purple across the shoulder bag and started walking towards.

"Delilah, I had no clue." We haven't seen each other since the day he found out that Audrey was my mom, I had made sure of that.

"I know. I get it. But here's the thing, if everyone had liked my mom from the start, where would I be?" I asked him. I'd be rich, famous, and could pretty much do anything. I put my bag on and headed for the door without looking at him. People hating my mom ruined both of our lives.

"I understand now. Your moms not the one who ruined the band, that was all the people who hated her."

"No one ruined the band. Everyone's fucking happy! You've all got that huge extended family to be a part of and rely on. Harry, Cara, Darcy, Erika, Niall, Aislin, Jace, Danielle, Liam, Jonathon, Delilah, Micheal, Kiani, Zayn, Noelle. You." My voice went from angry to cracking on the word 'you'. "You're all so happy, the band's not ruined and it never was!" I'm not the person who's going to ruin that. Sympathy was etched in Roman's eyes.

"Liam's not happy, love. He won't be until he sees your mum again." I sat down on a couch crowded with outfits, makeup, and hair pieces. Roman wants her to come back too.

"Elaborate. Everyone keeps saying Liam's unhappy but I don't see it. He's fine!" Roman sat down next to me and placed his hand on my thigh. 

"It's little things you'd never notice. There's a really thin red rim around his eyes, if you look close enough. I've never heard him tell Danielle that he loves her to be honest. He smiles for cameras, he smiles for contestants, he smiles for his family and friends, but if you pay attention, when everyone looks away his smile just like drops." I sat there thinking about it. "He needs you." All of a sudden my phone buzzed from inside my bag, making us both jump. I pulled it out.