Chapter 45 - Final

Start from the beginning

She looked at her mom questioningly so she answered, “It’s a masquerade ball after all.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At about 7 in the evening, Reika and her mom arrived at the masquerade ball. She was surprised that a gathering of college friends would have a lot of media around. It was rather ridiculous ‘coz they might not recognize people in here since everyone is wearing masks. But oh well, let them have their way.

“What’s with all the reporters around, Okaa-san?” She asked.

“Oh, haven’t I told you that most of us are successful in our own careers? Some of us became famous designers, famous names in medical, business and other various fields. A close friend of mine even became the chairman of a well-known entertainment agency here.”

“Really? What agency?” But even before her mom can answer, one of her friends approached her. She introduced her to Reika as well as the next dozen of people that came to them. And so she found out that the purpose of the mask was for her mother and her friends to guess who they were. She said they want to test their memories or something.

“Let me introduce to you my son, Jaejin.” One of her mother’s friends said.

“And this is Reika, my beloved daughter. Why don’t you keep her company for awhile, Jaejin? We’re just going to greet our other friends.” Her mother gave her a meaningful look before she can even protest.

“A pleasure to meet you, my lady.” Jaejin kissed her hand. “Your dress compliments your eyes. I know you’re much more beautiful behind that mask.” He roamed his eyes on her body. Reika felt uncomfortable.

“Thank you.” She said politely. Really, she was in no mood to be flirting with someone tonight.

“Would you like to get some drinks?” He asked her.

“She would like to but she’s going with me.” Someone said behind her.

“I’m sorry, but who are you?”

“Her first love that will be her date tonight.” And he grabbed Reika’s hand and started walking away, leaving Jaejin dumbfounded.

“Donghae? What are you doing here?” Reika asked him.

“Attending a masquerade party. Almost every one of us from the agency came here. I think Chairman Lee Soo Man is an old classmate of your mom.”

“Yes, I can see that.” She said as she saw her mother talking to SM Entertainment’s Chairman.

“I thought you’re going back to London tonight. I was supposed to see you off, you know, but then they said we had to attend this party.” He said to her when they reached the cocktail table.