Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Kyuhyun's POV

Kyuhyun was really confused of what was happening to him. When Reika excused herself from SNSD, he sought out to follow her only to find her seeing Donghae hyung and Jessica getting all mushy together. He felt so weak when he saw tears in Reika's face and he wanted to comfort her. But when he looked at her eyes, he felt like drowning. Drowning in his desire to kiss her, so he did.

The kiss was meant to be comforting, but his mind and his heart were telling him that he was doing it for some other feeling that he felt and he can't be sure of it. When he pulled away, her eyes were searching and asking him of what was that all about and he felt like kissing her again but then Donghae hyung suddenly snatched her away.

He got really irritated with that so he didn't let her go at first. But then he saw that Donghae was determined to talk with her so he just let him. Other people were watching them, too, and he didn't want to make a scene. Reika wouldn't like that.

He felt like he lost after that so he went straight to the bar area. Yes, his favorite wine would make him calm down.

Kyuhyun knew that his hyungs would come for him any moment and he was right. They were suddenly around him just as he was about to take a sip.

"You actually kiss girls, Kyuhyunnie." Ryeowook looked amazed.

He just smirked and looked at his wine glass.

"You shouldn't have done that, Kyuhyun." He really expected Leeteuk hyung to scold him. "You know that Donghae cherishes her."

"Yeah. I know."

"So, do you like her now?" Siwon hyung asked.

"She saw Donghae with Jessica and I just went out to comfort her." Was that really the reason?

"Girls have a different perspective about a kiss." Sungmin hyung said to him.

"Reika's different." He answered back.

"We just hope you know what you're doing. We can't afford having you and Donghae having hard times because of a girl." Leeteuk said.

He can't afford that, too. Donghae was one of the few persons who were genuinely kind to him when he joined the group. He may be stupid at times but he loves him like his own brother, like how he loves everyone else in the group. Their bond was way too precious for him to just let it slip away.

"By the way, Kyuhyun.." Shindong hyung started to say. "Vic arrived earlier and she saw you and Reika."

Kyuhyun stopped as he was about to take another sip of wine. He had no idea noona was there. He wanted to look for her and explain himself, but should he, really?

Then, Donghae came back and went straight to their place. He wondered where Reika was.

"Did Reika come back here?" Donghae asked when he reached them.

They shook their heads. "I thought you were with her?" He asked Donghae.

"She left as soon as we finished talking. Maybe she went straight home." Donghae looked at him. "Do you have feelings for Reika?"

Hyung could be really blunt at times. "I care for her as a friend. That's all." Again, he doubts what he's saying.

Donghae smiled. "That's good enough for me." He sat down with them. "Things didn't really go well between the two of us."

"Everything will just push through in time, bro." Eunhyuk hyung put an arm around Donghae. "Now, let's not spoil your birthday and just drink it all out." He offered him a glass.