Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Reika’s POV

Reika was scanning her iPad for her schedule for the week. She was having coffee at a nearby café while waiting for someone. She was debating whether to order another set of muffins or just content herself with the coffee when the shop door opened.

“Reika-chan! I’m sorry I’m late.” Sooyoung said as soon as she reached her table. She was wearing a short wig and sunglasses that covered half of her face.

“It’s alright. I know you came from a recording. Do you really have to disguise yourself like that? I don’t really mind if fans will approach you.”

“Teehee. Well, we’ve been gaining a lot more attention than usual because of the comeback and I’m getting tired of it these days so I just want to enjoy a nice cup of coffee with you.” She smiled.

“Your promotions are almost over so I think you can rest for now. Anyway,” Reika got something from her bag. “Belated happy birthday, Sooyoung-a.” She handed her a gift bag.

“Reika-chan, you shouldn’t have bothered. Thank you.” Sooyoung gratefully smiled at her.

Sooyoung’s birthday was on the 10th but they weren’t able to meet because of conflicting schedules. It was a great opportunity that they could meet that day. They talked about a lot of things ever since they last saw each other. It was such a good feeling, just catching up with your best friend.

“So, Reika-chan, I have heard..” Sooyoung started. “.. that Victoria unnie is dating Gyu Oppa. Is that true?”

Reika expected that sooner or later Sooyoung would open up the topic. “I guess so.” She sipped her coffee.

“But what about you? I thought he likes you. And you also like him already, right?”

“I don’t like him.” She said.

“There’s no sense lying to your best—“

“I love him.” Reika uttered quietly.

“Oh my gosh.” Sooyoung gaped at her. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“You were really busy so I didn’t want to bother you with it. I’m sorry.” She apologized.

“Hmmm… let me guess. Donghae oppa insisted that you tell him first rather than me, right? Tch. That guy.. I was rooting for him but he’s still competing to be your best friend like before. And to think that he was already your boyfriend years ago. I’m going to have a word with him.” Sooyoung pouted.

Reika laughed a little. “He’s always like that.”

“But going back, Reika-chan, when did you realize this? How? Why? Where? Tell me everything from the start.” Sooyoung insisted.