Chapter 45 - Final

Chapter 45

Reika’s POV

Reika was packing things up in her suite. She was going to leave for London that night. She was leaving for good; after all, London was her permanent office. She was looking for another bag when her doorbell rang.

She wondered who it might be. The first person that came to her mind was Donghae, as he would always turn up on her door. But then maybe it was Sooyoung to bid her goodbye. She tried to avoid it but she can’t help wishing that HE was the one at her door.

“Reika, my dear!” And yes, it never crossed her mind to see her mother turning up at her door.

“Okaa-san! What are you doing here?” She kissed her mom’s cheek.

“Visiting you. You seem so surprised to see me. Were you expecting someone else?” Angela Mizakuchi eyed her meaningfully.

“No. I just didn’t expect you to be here in Seoul.”

She let her mother come in and sit down at the couch. She made their tea and started talking.

“Good thing you came here early, Okaa-san. I’m leaving for London tonight.” Reika said.

“I know. And I’m here to tell you to cancel that.”

She got confused. “Cancel? Why? I have to settle there permanently as soon as possible.”

“You may postpone a little bit, dear. We have a lot of employees there. They can handle matters for the meantime. But tonight, you have to attend a party with me.”

She grimaced. A party to her mother means a social gathering of high-privileged people that are there to boast each other’s wealth and that would pretty much bore her to death. “Can’t you just go with Otou-san?”

“He’s handling important matters at New York right now. Don’t worry, dear. This time, I assure you there would be no air-headed socialites in there. It’s a gathering with my old friends from college. You can go meet my friends’ sons. You might just meet your match there.” Her mom said eagerly.

“Okaa-san.” She warned.

“What? I’m just saying although I know you’d rather meet up with someone on Taiwan.”

Her eyes widened so her mom added promptly, “I told you I keep up with what’s going on with you. Why didn’t you just follow him to Taiwan?”

“I’m too busy for that.”

Her mother sighed. “I don’t know how many times I told you this but sometimes it’s not bad to put our guard down once in awhile and forget our pride. Anyway, you’ll be coming with me tonight, right?”

“What choice do I have?”

“Then that’s settled. Let’s go and buy your dress now. Also, we’ll need a mask.”