Chapter 60: Shots, shots, shots!

After talking with Luca, I went to the bathroom to check my back. I saw two bruises form on my shoulder and my lower back. I sighed and brushed my teeth.

After my bathroom routine, I decided to call Alberto to ask him about any possible vacancies in the photography world here in Barcelona since he had a lot of connections. He gave me a few e-mails from advertising companies and advised me to send spontaneous applications since the job market in Spain wasn't particularly peachy at the moment. I checked my phone and remembered that Neymar had asked me to meet him today evening to have our 'talk'. I wondered if he was at training right now since it was 3 pm.

I finished sending my applications and went downstairs to spend some quality time with my mom, who was watching one of her favorite serials. It was 6 pm before I knew it since I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching TV with her. I found her in the kitchen, she was preparing dinner for us. I checked my phone and saw no calls or messages from Neymar. I wondered if he had forgotten about it. I decided to text him.

"Hey Neymar, are we still going to meet up today?"

I waited for his reply and did my nails meanwhile. I had become a little girly after my internship at Vogue magazine. They were a fashion magazine after all and it had altered my sense of fashion a bit. I finished polishing my nails and toes in a rose gold color and let them dry. My phone finally vibrated an hour later.

"Hey, I'm sorry but we will have to postpone it. I'm busy today"

This was so unlike him but I shrugged and let it be.

[ 3 days later ]

I was getting ready to meet Alberto. He had asked me to come over and since I had nothing to do today morning, I decided to visit him at Camp Nou. It was a beautiful spring day in Barcelona. I put my earbuds in and took the bus to Camp Nou. I reminisced about the first time I had set foot on Camp Nou and how nervous I had been. It seemed like yesterday. I smiled to myself and walked inside Camp Nou. I saw the boys training but I wasn't in the mood to bump into anyone so I headed straight to the photographer's room.

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully.

"Olivia!" Alberto said and gave a big hug.

"I'm so happy to see you again," I said.

"I've missed you around here! How have you been?" he asked.

After some small talk, he invited me to El Clásico.

"That's so sweet of you Alberto! I can feel that it'll be an intense game, so I'll definitely come!"

"I'm glad. You can keep some company on the sidelines," he smiled.

"You want me to be on the sidelines with you?"

"Of course Olivia," he chuckled.

I felt excited to be able to watch it from the sidelines because coming on a first-row seat was nothing compared to this! We chatted some more about tomorrow's match, which was taking place at Camp Nou, so it was very convenient for me.

We said our goodbyes after an hour and I walked out of the photographer's room. I felt excited about tomorrow because it had been ages since I had been to a football match. I walked through the corridors of Camp Nou when I spotted Marc entering through the tunnel. He saw me and smiled and I smiled back.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi," I replied.

"It's been a long time"

"Yeah, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm alright and you?"

"I'm good, congratulations are in order I believe"