Chapter 62: Lies never last long

[ Olivia's POV ]

I had a headache from all the yelling and crying earlier. Everyone around me had been right, e.g. my mother and Luca, about the fact that I had shut my emotions out for far too long. I didn't want to deal with them, my mind didn't want to deal with them. But today it all exploded, because I was no longer able to ignore the anger and pain inside my heart anymore. After getting everything off my chest, my inner peace finally returned. I felt exhausted, but also very relieved. What Neymar did to me was wrong, but I knew he regretted it and I knew he loved me a lot. I loved him too and I had missed him more than I'd like to admit. I had denied my feelings for him for half a year in the hope that I would move on. It was an automatic defense mechanism to protect my heart and mind from a breakdown I suppose. I had to eventually deal with all my emotions, but I guessed the time hadn't been right to deal with them back then.

I was glad that Neymar and I had gotten everything off our chests now. When I was in his arms tonight, I realized that I needed him in my life. He wasn't perfect, but neither was I. I wanted to give him that second chance. I wanted to take it easy this time, however, because a lot had happened in the past and I felt like we needed a fresh and slow start. I was glad that he agreed to that.

"Earth to Olive?!" Neymar said, awakening me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, sorry," I said.

"Your drink," he said and handed me a glass.

"Thanks, what is it?" I asked.

"Ice tea," he smiled.

I took a few gulps.

"What are you having?" I asked, glancing at his glass.

"Vodka Red Bull," he said.

"Are you trying to get drunk?" I frowned.

"I'm celebrating," he smirked.

"You have to drive!" I exclaimed.

"You are going to drive. It's about time you that took me home drunk," he winked cheekily.

"What are you implying with that?" I frowned with a small smile.

"Nothing," he said innocently.

"Thais and Marc are walking over to us," I suddenly said.

"Olive and Ney!" Thais squealed.

"Hey," we said in unison.

"Neylive is back on huh?" she smirked.

"Neylive?" Neymar asked, confused.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Shipname, duh!"

We didn't say anything, because it was kind of awkward. Marc looked like he wanted to shut her up, but that was mission impossible with Thais. She rubbed her tummy and groaned.

"What is it, baby?" Marc asked, concerned.

"Baby, our baby thinks that my tummy is a football" she groaned.

"Is it kicking again?" he asked.

"Like crazy," she said and placed his hand on her tummy.

Marc smiled and kissed Thais on her forehead. I smiled looking at them because though they were odd together, they looked cute.

"I'm getting something to drink, you guys want anything?" Marc asked.

"No, we are good," I said.

"Baby, get me one of those boring fruit juices," Thais said.

He chuckled and headed towards the bar.

"It sucks not being able to drink alcohol," she said.

"Just 4 more months and then you can," Neymar said.