Chapter 13: Hangover

I sat next to her and watched her sleep for the next hour. I heard a knock on the door a couple of minutes later. Marc walked in looking concerned. I quickly got up from the bed.

“How is she?” he asked.

“She fell asleep,” I said.

“Are you okay? You look like shit bro” Marc said.

“Uhm, yeah” I lied. 

“You go enjoy the party, I’ll look after her now,” Marc said.

“Like you looked after her earlier?” I scoffed.

“It’s not my fault that she drank the vodka like water!” he yelled.

“Bro, shut up! You are going to wake her” I hissed.

“You can go, I’ll look after her and if there’s something I call for you okay,” Marc said.

I didn’t know what excuse to use to stay in the room, so I stomped out. I clenched my fist after closing the guestroom door and groaned in frustration. I went downstairs and saw that Nick guy standing around. I headed straight to him and pulled him by the shoulder, making him jump.

“Neymar?” he asked, confused.

“Yes, asshole, it’s me” I ground my teeth.

“Woah bro, chill!” he said.

“Don’t tell me to chill filho da puta!” I hissed, towering over him.

He looked shocked and I could see the fear in his eyes.

“Stay the fuck away from her” I growled.

He nodded slightly and looked terrified. I pushed him hard and walked away furiously. I went outside to get some air because I felt like I needed to punch something or someone. What the hell was wrong with me? My own behavior started to scare me.

[ Marc’s POV ]

What the hell was Neymar’s problem? I would never get her drunk on purpose. I seriously hadn’t expected her to drink that cup of vodka in one go. I understood that Neymar cared for her, but I cared for her too. I knew her longer than him! I watched Olive sleep and wiped her hair from her face. She looked so cute and peaceful, even though her eyeliner was lightly smeared. I took her hand and kissed it gently. I knew she liked me, but I was dating someone before so I kept my distance from her. I was single now and I really liked her. I contemplated asking her out on a date.

[ Olivia’s POV ]

“Oh fuck!” were my first words when I woke up in a bed I didn’t recognize.

My head was pounding like hell.

“Hey Olive” I heard his sweet voice call my name.

I squinted my eyes and looked at Marc, who was sitting next to me on the bed.

“Hi,” I said in a husky voice.

My throat was so dry.

“Here, it’s water,” Marc said and handed me a glass.

I drank it in one go and felt like I needed more.

“Thanks” I groaned, holding my head with one hand.

“You drank too much alcohol Olive,” Marc said.

I remembered gulping it down and also taking a drink from Nick.

“I’m so stupid” I sighed.

“I think you need an Aspirin,” Marc said.

I got up from the bed and brushed my clothes because they were all wrinkly now. That’s when I realized something embarrassing, my underwear was wet.