Chapter 5: Waterfall

Jordi interrupted our moment.

"Marc, come see this video," Jordi said.

He and Piqué were watching some video on his phone. Marc took his arm off my shoulders, gave me a cute little smile, and walked over to them. I quickly walked back to Neymar, who was busy taking selfies.

"Boo!" I yelled, startling him.

"Shit, I almost dropped my phone!" he yelled.

"I told you I'm dangerous" I grinned.

He rolled his eyes and asked, "So my tip worked perfectly huh?"

"Yes, thank you so much" I gushed and squeezed his hand in excitement.

"And all this just because he put his arm around your shoulder" Neymar joked.

"Imagine if he did this," he said, sliding his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

He cupped my face. I froze and stared into his hazel-green eyes. Then he started laughing and let me go, making me feel embarrassed.

"You are priceless" he sniggered.

"I'm glad you are enjoying yourself," I said, sarcastically.

"So how many boyfriends have you had?" he asked.

"Why are you asking that?" I frowned.

"Curiosity," he said.

"How many girlfriends have you had?" I asked him.

"One, the others were one-night stands," he said, amused.

"You seem proud of that," I said.

"Not proud, but I don't regret it," he said.

"So back to you, answer me" he demanded.

"One" I mumbled.

"He broke your heart huh," Neymar said.

Wait, how the hell does he know this?

"Uh...something like that," I said, looking confused.

"You deserve better anyways" he added.

"Thanks, I guess," I said.

We both were silent for a while. I thought back to my ex-boyfriend. I met him through a mutual friend. At the time he was at college and I was in my last year of high school. He kept asking me out and I agreed eventually. I started liking him after getting to know him. We hung out a lot and then one day he forgot to log out of his Facebook account from my phone. I saw all the messages in his inbox. He flirted with over 5 girls on Facebook. I confronted him, but he acted like it was normal to flirt with other girls. I felt disgusted and stopped seeing him. I felt so stupid and heartbroken after that.

"I'm sorry if I spoilt your mood," Neymar said, rubbing my shoulder.

"It's okay" I sighed.

"So back to Marc" Neymar smirked.

"I don't think he even likes me" I sighed.

"Oh come, be more confident. If he didn't like you, he wouldn't have put his arm around your shoulder" Neymar said.

"Friends do that too" I groaned.

Neymar put his arm around my shoulder and grinned.

"What do you think you are doing?" I frowned.

"What? I'm your friend, so I'm allowed to do this" he said, confidently.

I threw his arm off my shoulder.