Chapter 21: Jealousy

I wanted to move, to run away but my legs felt like they were cemented to the floor. Neymar moved closer to me, which made me gulp. He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. His fingers touched my cheek and ear in the progress, making me shiver. His face was so close that I felt his warm breath against my lips, which made them tremble slightly.

“Olive please leave…I’m restraining myself here” he whispered in a pleading voice.

I finally was able to move again and quickly turned around. I took a deep breath and was about to step out when I heard him punch something hard.

“Merda!” he yelled.

I turned around in panic and saw a large dent in one of the locker doors. Neymar was holding his fist in pain.

“Neymar why the hell did you do that for?” I yelled and ran to him.

I looked at his hand to see if he was bleeding.

He pulled his hand away and said, “I’m okay, just go!”

“Let me look!” I yelled and looked at his hand and knuckles again.

My mother had been a nurse before, so she taught me a thing or two about wounds, etc.

“It doesn’t seem broken, but you should get it looked at by a doctor just to make sure” I advised.

“I’ll be okay” he groaned, removing his hand from mine. “I told you to leave” he then growled.

“I was just trying to help you, you are being a jerk,” I said.

“You are NOT helping!” he growled.

His eyes turned dark and his face was tensed.

“Fine, I’ll go. I won’t bother you anymore” I said, feeling hurt.

He pulled me back hard, making me crash into his body. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him automatically too. I rested my face against his bare chest. He felt so warm and smelled of some manly shower gel. I heard his heart pound faster and faster. Neymar kissed the top of my head and then he kissed my temple. He lifted my chin and made me look into his eyes. He planted a kiss on my forehead and moved down, pressing a soft kiss on my nose.

“Olive?” he whispered.

“Mmm?” I answered, feeling lost in his eyes.

“Olive why do you do this to me?” he asked like he was experiencing some sort of pain.

“Do what?” I asked, confused.

“One moment you are in my arms and the next you are gone” he sighed.

I didn’t know what to reply to that, so I didn’t say anything. We continued to look each other in the eyes. Neymar let go of me suddenly and went to sit down on the bench. I sat next to him a few seconds later. He looked vulnerable and it was hard for me to watch him undergo some sort of internal pain.

I touched his hand and asked, “What’s wrong Neymar?”

He looked me in the eyes and cupped my face.

“I want to, but I shouldn’t…that’s what’s wrong” he whispered.

I froze in that instant and didn’t move or blink. My eyes started to burn a bit and that’s when I remembered to blink again. Neymar stroked my cheek softly, making me get goosebumps.

“But I really want to…” Neymar whispered, not finishing his sentence.

“What?” I whispered.

His index finger traced my lips very softly. He noticed that my lips trembled under his fingers. He moved his face closer to mine, making our noses touch. I closed my eyes automatically, waiting to feel his lips upon mine. I opened my eyes again to see why he was taking so long and looked straight into his beautiful eyes. I bit my lip because I was nervous and excited at the same time, a combination I didn’t particularly like at this moment. His eyes focused on my lips immediately when he saw that I was biting my lips.