Chapter 32: Lose Control

The bartender nodded and handed me a shot of some brown liquid, which was probably strong whiskey.

"Olive, you shouldn't drink that" Neymar protested, but I already gulped it down.

"That burns" I groaned. "Don't you want anything?" I asked.

"No, I have to stay sober to get you home," he said sarcastically.

"Very funny Mr. Lupo" I growled.

"It is funny, baby Olive," he said, picking up an olive from a snack plate and shoving it into his mouth.

I anxiously pulled my phone out again to see if I had any new messages, but fortunately, I didn't.

"Hey, don't be scared. I'm here" Neymar said and squeezed my hand.

"Another shot please" I yelled.

"Olive, no!" Neymar said.

"I need it to calm my nerves," I said.

Neymar sighed because he could see how determined I was. The bartender served me the shot with a wink. Neymar gave him a dirty look.

"Let's go somewhere else, I don't like it here" he suddenly said.

I gulped down my second shot.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Dance?" he asked.

"You seriously want to dance and give the stalking blackmailer a chance to get more pictures?" I frowned.

"Fine, let's go back to the hotel then if you are scared," Neymar said.

"I'll use the bathroom real quick okay?" I said.

"Alright, I'll be here," Neymar said.

I went to the bathroom to pee. I heard someone walk into the bathroom.

"Yeah, I saw Marc! He was surprised. He said he has a girlfriend though, but his eyes said something else when he saw me" I heard outside the toilet stall.

It was Melissa. I stayed quiet in the toilet stall.

"We were about to kiss, but Eric disturbed us!" she groaned.

I held my hands in front of my mouth in shock.

"I know he isn't over me. The look in his eyes, his arms around my waist...he wanted it so badly Sara" she continued.

My stomach turned after hearing that. Is she lying or was this true?

"Wait, I just got a text from him" she exclaimed.

There was a moment of silence.

"I knew it!" she squealed. "He wants to meet tonight" she added with a giggle.

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation, because my head started to spin like crazy. I held onto the wall as tears streamed down my face.

I had no idea how long I had stood in that toilet stall silently crying, but a voice pulled me back to reality.

"Olive are you in here?" I heard.

I didn't recognize whose voice it was at first as my brain was still scrambled from what I had heard from Melissa.

"Olive?" I heard again.

"Y-yes" I stuttered faintly.

"Olive, are you in here?" he asked.

I could see the shadows of his feet in front of the stall. I unlocked the door with trembling hands.

"Oh my god, what's wrong?" he gasped.