Chapter 8: Red Bull

For the next 2 days, I was busy looking and applying online for photography internships. I also developed pictures of the hike. I showed Adrian and he loved them a lot. He e-mailed them to the other guys. I was busy reading a book about Photoshop when I heard a knock on my door. Adrian entered before I could answer.

“I didn’t give you permission to enter my territory” I frowned.

He rolled his eyes and said, “Marc is throwing a party and he invited you.”

My face lit up immediately and then I blushed because Adrian was smirking at me.

“Stop” I groaned.

“Olive is in loveee” he sang.

“I’m not in love!” I yelled.

“But you have a huge crush on Marc” Adrian smirked.

“Wait until you have a crush! I’ll tell that girl myself just to torture you” I groaned.

He chuckled and patted my head like I was a small kid.

“So are you coming?” he winked.

“When is it?” I asked.

“Tomorrow night,” he said.

“Yes, I’ll come,” I said.

“Great, I’ll let him know” he chuckled and left my room.

I was looking forward to that party tomorrow. I was happy that Marc had invited me too, which meant that he didn’t forget me…and possibly liked me? I hoped he did. I decided to go out for a walk since I had been stuck in my room the past few days. I wore casual clothes and went out with my Canon around my neck and wearing my headphones. I hummed along to some cheerful summer hits. The sun was shining bright and it felt amazing on my skin. I was glad that I had a slightly tanned complexion already because I hated sunbathing and all that crap. I decided to take a walk in the park since it had been ages and I could take some pictures there too. There was a small pond in the middle of the park. The sunlight hit the pond at a certain angle which made it look amazing. I took my camera and started taking a few pictures kneeling to get the perfect shot. My mind was so occupied with getting the shot right, that I didn’t notice the person standing next to me.

“Hey,” he said, startling me. I looked up with a pounding heart and stared into the blue eyes of my ex-boyfriend, Nick.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, shocked.

“I was on my way to do some shopping and then I saw you,” he said.

It was probably over 1.5 years ago since I last saw him.

“Oh,” I said, getting up.

“Nice camera,” he said.

“Thanks” I mumbled.

“Into photography?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Listen, I’m sorry for what happened before…I was a total jerk to you” he said.

“Uhm…a little late to apologize don’t you think? But better late than never I guess, so thanks for your apology” I said.

“Thanks, Olive,” he said.

“Listen if you want to hang out or something, here is my number,” he said, pulling out his phone and shoving it into my hands.

It was awkward and I didn’t want to hang out with him, because there was nothing left between us. I saved his phone number, however, because I didn’t want to be rude.