Chapter 14: First date

I spent the day in bed because I felt terrible. I texted Marc back telling him that I wasn't feeling well to hang out today. He called me, but I let the call go to voicemail. I didn't want to talk with anyone at the moment. The guilt, the shame, and the fact that I liked Marc and had slept with Neymar were enough to keep my mind occupied. I saw later on that Marc had left a voicemail.

"Hey Olive, I hope you'll get better soon. I'm sorry Olive about yesterday. I really hope to see you soon. Here is a virtual 'feel-better' hug! x"

His message brought a smile to my face. He was just so cute!

The week passed faster than I realized. I didn't see Neymar again and he didn't contact me either. I think I repressed the memories of him and that night. I was ashamed of myself and I was afraid to face him again. Since he didn't contact me either, I thought it was best to forget about it. I swore to myself to never get drunk again.

I saw Marc however and we hung out a few times. I was slowly overcoming my shyness around him. Marc was so kind and dreamy. I forgot all my sorrows when I was with him because he was a cheerful person and he could make me smile in an instant. My brother was actually happy for me that we were 'dating', but we weren't really dating yet. We just hung out and none of us called it a date. I wanted to date him though!

2 weeks later, I was helping my mother do the dishes when my phone vibrated. It was Marc and it brought a smile to my face immediately.

"Be ready at 7 pm, I'm taking you out on...a date!" his message said

My heart started to pound after reading that and my palms started to sweat.

"Hun are you alright?" my mother asked concerned.

"Yes, mom. I'm going on a date!" I squealed.

"Honey, that's great! With Marc right?" she winked.

I blushed and nodded, covering my face with my hands. I felt like some high school girl going on her first date or something, but I didn't care because I was just too happy!

[ Later that evening ]

I picked out a simple little black dress, straightened my hair, wore minimal make-up, and slid into these cute red flats. I was ready by the time the doorbell rang. He wore a suit and looked so handsome!

"You look gorgeous," he said, pressing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks, you look so handsome" I gushed, making him chuckle.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to a karaoke bar," he said.

My jaw dropped because I couldn't sing at all.

"I can't sing" I gasped.

"I can't either and that's why it'll be fun" he chuckled.

He parked his car and opened the door for me. I loved such chivalrous gestures.

"You are such a gentleman," I said with a loving gaze.

"Anything to keep my lady happy," he said in a funny accent, making me giggle.

"Ready to sing your lungs out?" he grinned.

I shook my head, looking terrified.

It was so much fun however because we both couldn't sing at all. We didn't care however and sang along to some old and new songs, laughing till our tummies hurt.

"I didn't expect to have so much fun" I chuckled, holding Marc's hand.

He intertwined his fingers with mine.