Chapter 7 -Fishy going ons

because they won the competition in the last chapter :)

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ from now on when you see Italics it means they are communitcating in their heads

So without further delay heres the next chapter 

~~~

We reached the orphanage in record time. Luther told me to go take a shower and come find him when I’m done because apparently when I shifted I was rolling around on the floor a lot, so I’m covered in dirt and had pine needles sticking out of my hair.

I went to my room and picked out some clothes then went into one of the bathrooms. I took Luther’s shirt off and stepped in the shower, then turned the hot water on. My body started to sway, it felt tickly. I began giggling uncontrollably, I couldn’t stand up or support myself the shower door clicked open and I fell out. My giggling stopped and I looked at myself, but I wasn’t myself.

I was half fish!? I had a scaly tail and small fins on the lower part of my arms. I also had a scaly bikini top type thing on and I have to admit if I was going to a fancy dress party I’d win best costume for sure, but this rainbow coloured tail and bikini thing was so not good. I bet it’s because of that shifter thing Luther was talking about.

Luther get your butt up here right now! You are in so much trouble!

I thought it in my head and directed it at Luther, hoping it would work even though I wasn’t a panther, but a weird sort of fish. I was going to yell but then I realised he wouldn’t hear me over all of the kids running around. I waited a few minutes when there was a knock on the door.

“Freddi?  You in there?”

“Yes now come help me! This is your fault.”

“Aw come on don’t be grumpy I mean you did manage to temporarily give me a headache from yelling so loud. So what’s wrong?”

“Like you don’t know, now get your butt in here so I can hit it with my tail.”

“Tail? Have you changed again? No wait you can’t have you’re speaking aloud. What’s going on? Open the door.”

“I can’t genius I don’t have legs and I can’t reach the lock on the door.”

“Stay back I’m going to have to break the door down.”

“Don’t be stupid Luther. I don’t want anyone to see me. Can’t you just change into a bug and crawl under the door or something?”

“Awww but I’ve always wanted to break a door down.”

“Luther, just do it.”

“Fine”

I heard faint shuffling then it went quiet and a spider came under the door. I squealed I hate spiders, they creep me out, too many eyes and legs. Then Luther was stood where the spider was, he grinned.

“I can’t believe you’re still scared of spiders! you should’ve seen your face...” He got quieter as he looked at me.

“Holy shit! What’d you do? Nobody knows anything about this sort of thing anymore.” He looked panicked as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Luther what are you rambling on about? How do I change back?”

“Honestly Freddi I don’t know. I don’t think anyone does but you may have a chance since you can shift but it’d take day’s maybe even weeks or months. But on the other hand we don’t have time. Now you’re going to have to be very open minded now okay? We need to take a trip since you haven’t got the hang of things yet, we need help and there are only two people who can help and Sophia has been missing for years, the other is only half mermaid like you but I don’t know if she’s changed or if it skipped her because she’s only half.”

“Wait hold on a second so I’m half mermaid?”

“Yes...”

“And half shifter?”

“Yup”

“I don’t know whether to be freaked out or excited.”

“I think you should be excited it makes things easier to get a grip on.”

I smiled at his logic.

“Okay Mr Know-it-all so how do we find this person without me being seen?”

“Simple you shift into a cat and then we walk there before it gets too dark.”

“Why a cat and how do I shift?”

“A cat should be easier for you because your soul animal is a big cat so you’ve just got to imagine yourself turning into a panther but down size it so you’re cat size. Since nobody will take a close look at you they won’t be able to tell you’re just a mini black Jaguar”

I concentrated hard on what I looked like in the woodland but made my memory of myself smaller.

“Okay now that’s out of the way. Let’s get a move on kitty cat just follow my lead.”

He pulled a collar out of his pocket and attached it around his neck. Then he pulled a small pink collar out of his pocket.

“Freddi you’re not going to like this but it’s for safety so someone doesn’t pick you up and take off with you thinking you’re a stray. I recommend slipping it off before you change back or it’ll hurt your neck.”

He slipped the collar around my neck then changed back into a Labrador. Then he bit the back of my collar so he could carry me around.

Luther put me down I can walk this is humiliating’

I consider it as revenge for yelling in my ear. Besides I know where I’m going you don’t, well you do, but you don’t, you’ll recognise it when we get there.’

Wait how come when you changed you still had clothes?

It’s because I’m awesome now shush or I won’t take you.’

Humph

Being in charge is so fun!’ I could just imagine the grin he’d be doing if he was human right now he’s so cocky sometimes.

~~~

Vote Comment Fan :)

alright so now you've met Luther her best friend some more what do you think of him?

For all you Jesse fans he'll be back next chapter

So what do you think of Freddi being half Mermaid half Shifter? because I'm pretty sure it's not cliche but do you guys like the idea because I haven't seen any other mermaids in stories on here so I'm just checking that it's not because you don't like mermaids or something