Chapter 2 - Introductions

Enjoy :)

~~~

“Her eyes!”

“I thought her eyes were blue”

“Last time I saw them they were silver”

“How do her eyes keep changing?”

“Contacts duh”

“She can’t afford contacts she’s an orphan”

“That doesn’t mean she’s poor”

“Is it even possible to have lilac eyes?”

“Silence! Now begin drawing!” the teacher yelled over the chatter. Oh no they’ve changed again I was just beginning to get used to them being silver as they have been for the past year.

Everyone scuttled to draw but the athletic group and the player group were looking at me and drew without looking at the paper or canvas in front of them. One player with red eyes and blonde hair was looking at me curiously when his face lit up like he’d won the lottery and said something but I couldn’t hear over the noise of pencils on paper and paint being sloshed around it looked like he said “It’s her” but I’m bad at lip reading so I‘m probably wrong. The weird girls smiled at me some almost nodding in well it looked like approval and one said “It’s starting.” but like I said they are a weird bunch of girls. The athletic group was split, half of them tilted their heads to the side with probing expressions and the other half grinned at me. One girl with ebony coloured hair and matching eyes was grinning more and her eyes twinkled she bobbed down and scribbled something on a piece of scrap paper and held it up when the teacher wasn’t looking.

Wait 4 me when the lesson’s finished? I want 2 talk 2 u

I pressed my lips into a line as I thought. I bobbed my head after all she seems friendly and she’s the only person who’s wanted to talk to me at school besides Luther.

After what seemed like forever the bell rang everyone got up and collected their things and placed their work in cupboards or rolled it up and took it with them. I jumped off my stool and picked up my bag. I walked out the classroom door when the girl with ebony hair and eyes came up to me.

She had a side fringe and her hair was cropped short and scruffy. She had ivory coloured skin and had a few freckles dotted over her nose. She wore scruffy ripped jeans and a tank top with some converse. Just as before she gave me what seemed to be her signature grin.

“Hey we haven’t exactly talked or met before but anyway I’m Ebony. So what’s your name?” she said in a chirpy tone.

“Freddi”

“Freddi isn’t that a guy name?”

I just shrugged in reply.

“Oh okay. Are your eyes naturally that colour? They’re really pretty.”

“Yes...” I was beginning to get nervous at the mention of my eyes.

“Okay cool so anyway you wanna come to a party tonight at my place? My parents are out so me Trish and Jesse are getting friends over mainly people from athletic teams.”

A shiver of excitement ran down my spine. I just got invited to a party and for the first time and it wasn’t at the orphanage for a little kid’s birthday. It was my first high school party!