Meeting The Family

After pizza, Saito waited for Yui to finish. She volunteered to clean up after the competition. After all, she is a role model student. God forbid if she doesn't do what the teacher asks. So, both of them went home together.

"You were pretty good out there." Yui said.

"Thanks..." He looked at the floor awkwardly.

"I don't get why you even choose me. You know I don't like that." He added.

"It was actually Hitomi-San that insisted." Yui answered honestly.

"That little bitch!" He said angrily, and she just pretended not to even know how his name got there.

"Yui-San!" A voice was heard.

A female voice. Mitsuki?

"Yui-San, I've been searching all over for you!"

"Ah, sorry, Mitsuki-Chan, I thought I told you I volunteered for clean up..."

"I guess I zoned out... I apologize!"

"You don't have to apologize, jeez." Yui smiled.

Mitsuki smiled as well. She looked at Saito and her eyes widened a bit.

"Am I interrupting your time with your soulmate?"

Saito burned up again.

"Wha-!?"

"Yui has a boyfriend!?" This time a male voice was heard.

"Goddamn it! I thought I had a shot!" He yelled.

The guy was their age, brown hair, green eyes and normal built. Looked pretty skinny and more pretty than most of the girls in school. He also seemed pretty over the top and friendly. The first thing Saito noticed was his scarf. It was green and stupid. He now knew he was gonna judge whatever he does forever in his life. The out of style emo hair made him shiver. Saito the fashion designer speaks again.

"Pretty sure it's her brother." Another guy with a deeper and monotone voice said.

He was taller than the other guy and much skinnier. This one also seemed much more serious and mysterious. He had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes that huge bags underneath them.

"Please tell me it's true, rabbit!" The over the top one yelled.

"Yes, this is my brother." She said.

"But he's blushing!" He accused with a pointed finger.

Yui sighed.

"Saito, I told you to stop blushing at stupid things, it's sending the wrong message." Yui said with an annoyed face.

"That's your brother!?" Mitsuki exclaimed.

"You're so tall! Just like Yui-San! Are your parents tall as well?" She said in amazement.

"No, they're hobbits." He snarked.

She pouted and crossed her arms.

"You're brother's a jerk."

"Oh, I must formally introduce myself! I need good impressions on family members if I want your hand in marriage!" The guy with the scarf said and straightened himself.

"It's not gonna happen." Yui sighed.

"I am Usami Haru! Nice to meet you, Saito!" Haru said seriously.

Saito was just confused now. Marry his sister? What?

"Uh..."

"Oi, Shady, come on, introduce yourself! You too, Blondie!" He called everyone here by their supposed nicknames.

"Usami Toshiki." He mumbled.

"Usami Mitsuki, nice to meet you, teddy bear guy!" She said and shook his hand.

He flushed at the sudden touch and nickname.

"You... Have weird friends..." Was all Saito managed to mumble.

All of them have the same surname. Are they related or maybe the surname is just a coincidence? They couldn't have the same mother. Adopted perhaps? Maybe cousins? He just noticed he was awkwardly staring at everyone and not saying anything. Curse large groups!

"Aw, I didn't manage to make a good impression... I blame you guys!" Haru yelled.

"Huuh?! What did I do, Haru?" Mitsuki asked defensibly.

"You guys are the weirdos!" He exclaimed further.

"No, you're the weirdo!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!"

Yui sighed and face palmed.

"Toshiki-Kun, did Mitsuki-Chan need something?" Yui asked while the two of them bickered.

Toshiki nodded and pulled out some photographs out of his pockets.

"She gave them so she doesn't lose them." His voice was very monotone, not ever changing a pitch.

"Ah, I see. These are for the school paper. I'll be done with them tomorrow." She said.

"Those still exist?" Saito asked dumbfounded.

"They come out every week."

He stared at her uninterested.

"What was I expecting?" She rolled her eyes.

Saito's stomach grumbled. Yui raised an eyebrow.

"You hungry?"

"Mhm."

"Toshiki-Kun, Saito and I are going, when the two of them stop arguing, tell them I took the photos."

Toshiki nodded. Yui nodded back and they continued home. Saito never knew that Yui had weird friends. And that they didn't know she had a brother. Seems like she doesn't like to talk about him.