#38

"Where am I?"

I asked even though it was clear to me that I'm in the hospital seeing that there is an IV drop connected to me and a monitor where it constantly beep indicating I was alive.

"Greetings sir. My master will arrive shortly so please have a rest for awhile." Tom stated which made me question myself.

"Whose your master? Why am I here? And why did you save me?" I asked altogether but Tom held only a blank expression before he heaved a sigh and came near me.

"Sorry sir but I'm not allowed to tell you about the details. I'll have my master answer those questions for you so please relax yourself for awhile."

I heaved a sigh and leaned on my back with the bed's headboard. I looked at my hands for a minute but realize something while looking at my hands. I looked at Tom as he crossed the room elegantly and he immediately noticed my look calling for his attention.

"What is it sir? Is something bothering you?" He asked and I shook my head nothing.

"How's my baby?" I asked immediately without any hesitation. He pushed up his glasses first before he looked at me with no expression and that expression made me worry.

What if the next words he's going to say will totally kill me instantly? I hope not.

"Your baby's fine sir, I guarantee you." He stated which made me breath in ease. He bowed again and went back to his work which I distracted him a little while ago.

I looked at my stomach, caressing it gently and I didn't realize that I was crying silently all to myself.

"At least we have each other, I'll take care of you and protect you from those kinds of people who're abusive in this cruel world."

I thought to myself. I wipe the tears away from my eyes quickly when I heard a soft knock coming from the door. Tom moved swiftly to the door and opened it but I couldn't see who he was talking with since his frame blocked my vision from seeing who it was. He opened it wider this time and motioned him inside the room and he came in. And when I saw who was it, I felt relief rushed through me even if we just met the second time around.

"Diam." I whisper, he smiled at me in instant and quickly rushed to my side.

"Brother! A-are you okay?!"

He immediately questioned as he hugged me tightly. At first, I hesitated to hug him back but when I saw Tom smiled, I also smiled back at him. Slowly and gently, I placed both my arms around him and returned his hugged which made him smile.

"I thought were gonna loose you back there. Thank God I made preparations as early as possible." Diam stated which made me looked at him in confusion.

"This is Tom, my personal and skilled butler. We had figured out that one of this days, Dianna will surely really kill you. So as soon as she returned to the house, I immediately send Tom to disguise himself as one of that bitch's minions in case if they took you, we'll be able to rescue you in ease. But we couldn't take you directly because of the other guys around the house, especially that Miers guy."

He explained. Now it's all clear to me. So Diam had her in advantage.

"Oh brother, I can't risk having to lost you after our mother. Father would loose his sanity." He explained as he caressed my hand in his grip. So my dad is alive?

"Dad's alive? So where is he?" I asked.

For so long, I wanna meet him. I had misunderstood him as a cheater who ditched mom when he found out mom was pregnant. I wanted to apologize to him and I just want to meet him.

"He's in America and is missing you real bad brother." I felt relieved.

Finally mom, I could get to meet dad...

"So, I'm gonna be an uncle! Can't wait!" He chirped which made me chuckle. Its good that I can still laugh despite the circumstances I was in right now.

I was married months ago, lived happily with a husband and I was pregnant. We were happy then entered hell. She kidnapped and tried to kill and make me bled to death. I found out my husband was cheating on me despite his promise and sweet nothings. Everything betrayed me, the world betrayed me. Many secrets were unraveled that had me almost losing my sanity but thankfully I have a family who still kept me safe and didn't leave me even though I've never met them formally in a nice way and to think about it? I even misjudge my own flesh and blood.

But still, I had my heart broken for the first time that I learn how to fell in love.

"Lay?"

I was brought back from my thoughts when I heard Diam call my name and that had me stare in shock at him. I touch my face and my cheeks were wet. I was crying and I didn't notice it. He reach for my cheeks and wipe my tears with his thumb.

"You can let it out brother."

And when he said those words, I pulled Diam into my arms, hugged him for dear life as I cried my heart out.

"I have loved him, am I not enough? Is my son and me not enough?! I have been thoughtful to him when I realize I am in love with him." I ranted and he just listened to me while soothing my back with his gentle caress.

"It hurts. Is loving someone hurts like this? I wish I have known this from the start so that- so that I could have prevented my feelings from erupting. M-my heart hurts Diam. It hurts." I cried within sobs and I was a total mess.

I was loser at love and that's one thing I can't deny. My love is like a balloon. Once filled with so much air, it'll pop and will shatter into pieces of shreds that even I cannot sew to fill with air once again.

I need to make a decision.