#5

"Hey Lay, Master wants you to attend the flowers in the garden for awhile." Mark informed me.

"Huh? But I just tend to it a few minutes ago? Is something wrong?" I answered Mark while removing my glasses from my face. I was looking at masters schedule for today when Mark suddenly barge in.

"I don't know, he just told me." He shrugged off and his eyes went wandering around the room. I stood up from my swivel chair and continued to the door.

I walk out of the library and trotted outside the manor. I opened the huge double door leading into the magnificent garden, and I was met with the cold air and the splendid view of thousand flowers before me.

I scanned the surrounding for anything unusual and untidy that made master want me to attend the garden. I walked along the brick pathway and quickly scanned the environment.

After two and a half hour, I really didn't find anything to be fixed.

Hah, I just wasted my time here. But no matter what, I should always follow my master.

I walked around the manor and into the large land in front of the manor.

The mansion has a huge golden gate in front and a fine brick pathway leading into the house. And also the huge fountain in front of the house. Finely shaped trees were planted in opposite sides of the brick pathway that add elegance to the surrounding. The rest of the land had small crowds of flowers with different colors.

When I approach the front, three shiny black cars came into view making me wonder if we have visitors.

Visitors.

Shit! Why did master sent me out if we were having visitors?!.

When I was about to run back into the backyard, the huge door in front suddenly opened and out a man around his 40 holding a cane for support walk out of the mansion. Four men in black suits followed behind him like guard dogs.

When the man reach his ride, my master came into view in the front porch.

"You won't have what you want old man. So fuck off!"

My master yelled. When I looked at the man, his face revealed a sad and regretful emotion. I felt pity towards him and there was nothing he could do but rode out of the mansion.

When the cars were all out of the Miers land, I looked at my master and he had this expression on his face that I can't understand. I was staring at him intently finding out about that expression he have.

I was taken aback when suddenly, master glanced towards my direction and gave me an electrifying stare.

Now, whats that suppose to mean?

I looked away pretending that I wasn't looking at him when I heard the door slammed and when I looked back, master was already gone.

I sighed to myself and went around the house and entered the mansion through the back door.

------------------

"Master, can I ask you something?"

Master turned his gaze away from his computer and lean back on his swivel chair, looming over my presence in the middle of his room.

Now this is very intimidating.

"Its not that I'm meddling around sir. Its just, you didn't inform me we were having any visitors."

"That's not a question Lay."

"I'm sorry sir. I mean, why didn't you tell me we were having visitors? I could have at least accommodate them. Sir."

"There is no need for your speacial accommodation to people who're trying to take away something precious to me."

"But sir, its my duty to accept and decline any visitors that wants to approach you. I just wanted to —"

"You may go out now Lay."

"But sir—"

"Stop pushing the topic Butler. I don't want you to get involve in it, or less know about it."

"But still sir, I —"

"I said you can go out. now."

He returned his gaze on the computer screen and went on typing something in the keyboard.

I just stood there silently for awhile before my body told me to get the hell out of the room.

I was just wondering how did that man manage to have an appointment with master. Around that time, master should be meeting Miss Magnolia, not some old man with cane and men in black.

Who was that man? And what kind of precious thing master is talking about?