#34

"How's my beautiful husband doing today?" He asked as he kissed my cheek down to my neck numbers of times making me chuckle. He sat down beside me and pulled me closer to his body, his hot breath tickling my nose.

"I'm fine. How about my handsome husband?" I asked as I wrap my arms around his neck and peck him quickly on his lips making him smile toothily.

"Fine but I've missed you all day." He answered honestly and gave me another heated kissed.

Currently, were in the living room. He came home just a few minutes before the sun had finally settle down. I was watching this corny drama when he entered and bombarded me with his tingling kisses. I felt him pull away from me and kneeled in front of me on the floor. He lifted up my oversized shirt and revealing my smooth round five month belly.

"Hey there little guy, Daddy's home. How's your day being with your ever loving mother?" He asked my tummy as he begun trailing kisses over it. I chuckled as he kept talking at my tummy like it would answer him, somehow.

"The Lady of the house is coming back Lay. I know you have issues with her."

Those words suddenly echoed back, reminding me. Alexander haven't told me that his mother's coming home and the thought of it made me nervous. I don't know what are the reasons but I think she despises me and my mom very much. And when she find out that I got married to his favored son, I don't know what'll happen to me, maybe she's going to kick me out or something and I can't have that when I'm pregnant.

"Lay? What's wrong? You look troubled." He asked. I hesitated to asked him but the slight squeezed of his hand on mine made me look at his eyes. His eyes laid trust before me so deciding I heaved a sigh.

"Your mother's coming home tomorrow, I heard." I confessed with a solemn look as I looked down at our entertwined fingers. I heared him sigh.

"I'm sorry I didn't informed you sooner, I was preoccupied at the thought of my mom being here and at the same time with work. I'm sorry." I nodded.

The room went silent before I heard him sigh again and I decided to look a at him and was met with his sincere hazel eyes that held everything that would convey love and trust.

"Lay, she's my mother, but I will not let her hurt you or even let her touch a single hair from you not on my watch." He growled and I immediately hugged him for dear life.

Alexander and his mother also had some issues. Practically married to his dad, which is the previous master, she also had an affair with his husbands friend. Alexander was fourteen that time when his dad was out on the business trip when he caught his mom and his dad's best friend making out on their very bedroom.

I don't know why he didn't tell his dad about it so the previous master could just chase her horny mother away from the house. After the previous master died, his mom lived with the guy she was having an affair with. I don't practically know why she tried to whore herself with the other seeing that she used to be in love with the previous master so much, she even ignored her guy during the funeral as she cried on her husband's grave.

And that reminds me why I thought that she have some grudge on me.

After she left, she came to me that time and practically yelled at me.

"You and your whore of a mother! You should rot in hell. You did this to me!"

And she left, making me wonder what me and my mom had done to her. My mom was also dead, why would she do that?

I smiled as I finish doing Alexander's tie on his neck and brush some invisible dust in his shoulders before he held both my cheek and kissed me. He laced his fingers through my silky peach blonde hair to deepen the kiss as I did to him too. But after a few seconds we immediately pulled away sensing my lack of breath and chuckled as he hugged me lovingly.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I looked up to him and nodded. We walked out of our room, his strong arms laced on my waist as we venture our way through the corridor into the dining room.

I can face this. I can face her and this will end in peace. Nothing more, nothing less.

Finally, we arrived in front of the huge double doors of the dining room and there stood Mark on the door. I looked at him as we exchange small smiles and nodded his head upon looking at my husband. Mark opened the door and revealed the massive dining room. Two chandeliers hanging brightly facing vertically at each other illuminating the very room. On the center of the room was a long vertical dining table with a gold linen cloth covering over it and designed into perfection. Plates, glasses and different cutleries place on the table and vases of white and yellow roses decorated the table.

Alexander led me to a chair on the right side of the head chair of the table and pulled my chair for me to be able to sit down. After finally settling myself, Alexander propped down unto his seat, which was the head of the table, overlooking all the people that would fit in the table.

I looked at my plate in front of me frantically nervous, but was ease out when Alexander hold my hands and smiled at me.

"Don't worry Lay, I'm here."

"I know, I'm just… nervous."

Before the conversation could go any further, the double door opened making me whip my head at the door and the most awaited person emerge in, making me took a huge intake of breath as Alexander gripped my hand tighter but not too tight that might hurt me.

She walked near us with her gold sparkly dress and shoes. Her hair fixed to perfection and expensive jewelries decorated her. Her hazel eyes, matched with Alexanders grazed over me and  she smiled.

Wait… she practically smiled?

She stop opposite to me and Alexander pulled her chair for her and sat down. Alexander followed suit.

"Hello my dear child Hamilton." She chirped looking at Alexander who held an icy expression.

"Hello mother, its been what? Eight years…" Alexander sarcastically answered which made his mother smile innocently.

Uuurggh, wish I could smack her face with my plate right now.

She looked over me and the thought of smacking a plate at her face vanish from my mind as I tensed at her gaze. She smiled and I don't like it.

"It seems that your married but you didn't even invite me, your mother-in-law." She said, malice evident in her voice as she sip her glass of wine elegantly.

"I—" I tried to speak but was cut off when Alexander interjected.

"What d'you want here for mother?" My husband practically hissed. She put her wine glass down and looked at me intently making me tighten my hold on Alexanders hand, but remain stoic.

"I want to spend time with Lay here for awhile. That should be the best thing to make up with the lost time, isn't it Lay?"

She smiled, and I didn't like the idea of hanging out with Alexanders old hag of a mother when she was secretly holding a grudge over me and my mom that I don't even have any knowledge of.

Prior ~