Chapter 13

A S H T O N

I drove around town, searching for Daisy. She had ran off and now the boys and I were searching for her.

"Report her as a missing child!" Calum yelled through the phone which I was frantically talk to him on.

"No, I think you have to wait 48 hours or something."

"I think that's only for adults."

"Are you sure?"

"Just look for her!" I yelled then hung up. Oh God where is she?

D A I S Y

I knew the area pretty well, but I had no clue where I was now.

I was in some shady neighborhood.

Great.

I kept walking, kicking at a pebble, tears freely failing down my face.

"Hey gorgeous, what are you doing her out on your own? It's getting kinda late." a scratchy voice said from behind me.

I turned, revealing a man who was around his 40's. I slowly backed away as he looked me up and down.

"Uh, away." I gulped, turning and running. He followed, hot on my heels.

I turned a sharp corner, only tripping over myself and falling onto the hard concrete.

"Hey, no need to run." he smirked.

I crawled, not exactly able to get up yet.

"No thanks." I had started standing and was ready to run, when he grabbed my arm.

"Where you going? The fun hasn't started yet." he chuckled, yanking me back into his chest.

I twisted as he placed  his hand over my mouth. I reeled my leg back and kicked him wherever, his grip loosening. I ran, him getting over the pain quickly and following.

"No!" I screamed as he fumbled to wrap his arms around me. "Help! Someone! No!"

"Nobody can hear you now, sweetheart." The man said, his arm shifting to my neck. He squeezed, cutting off my air supply.

I clawed at his arms.

"Sh, its alright princess. We'll have a good time."

"Hey! Get the fück off her."

The man was shoved, sending us to the ground. I sprawled to get up and run, stopping when I ran into Ashton.

He pushed me behind him and punched the creepy man right in the gut. The man recovered and stopped to stare at me - the small frightened girl, peeking out from behind Ashton - while wondering if it was worth the fight and eventually hobbled away.

Ashton turned, his hands instantly rested on my face, wiping the tears away. My breath came out in puffs as I tried to calm down.

"He tried to -" I stopped my sentence, falling into his chest. I cried against him, feeling so vulnerable, but now safe if Ashton's arms. He would keep me safe.

It was strange that I had just been mad - or even had the strong emotion of hate - at him for not loving me, but now I was hugging him like it my life depended on it.

"Sh. It's okay. I'm here. You're okay, baby girl." He whispered, hugging me tight. He slowly rocked us from side to side. Ashton's arms were strong and sturdy, yet comforting and cuddly. They made me feel safe and protected yet calm and warm.

"Oh, I was so worried." Ashton sobbed, rubbing my back. "And then I saw that creep chasing you and I didn't know what to do."

"Ash." I whimpered, clutching his shirt  as if he were about to disappear and leave me to fight this harsh world on my own. But he wasn't.

"I got you. Im here." He hugged me so tight I worried about being able to breathe. But then I remembered my fears of being along in such a world and instead sighed and leaned into him, craving for more of his safety. "I'll always protext you. No one will hurt you."

***

"Can we talk?" a sad voice came from the other side of the door.

"Uh, yeah, hold on." I yelled back. "Hey, Auburn, I'll face time you later, Ash wants to talk."

Auburn nodded. "Okay. Bye Daisy."

I hung up then walked to the door, opening it. Ashton stood there, nervously playing with the hem of his shirt.

"Listen, Daisy. You have everything wrong." Ashton began. He walked in and pushed the door closed, then went and sat on my bed.

"Some time before Auburn arrived on the night you two had that sleepover, I was checking my emails and came upon the one you saw. This was what my manager wanted me to do and think, not what I was going to do. I was enraged and about to email him back and tell him I wouldn't do it, but you called for me and said Auburn was almost here, so I didnt have time to reply. I completely forgot and didn't close out of it and left it open, I'm so sorry you thought I would leave you." Ashton explained.

I stared extra long at him, debating on whether or not to trust him. He was supposed to be there for me and he had my trust, so I let him know not to break it.

"Everyone I have cared for has left me." I bitterly said. "Everyone - fücking except for you." I shoved him.

He stumbled back but caught himself.

"So don't play with my heart and swear to me the email wasn't what I thought it was." I said.

He pulled me into a hug, me not hugging back.

"I swear."

I pulled away and searched his face, looking for a sign to tell me he's lying. But I didn't see a sign. Maybe I could trust him.

"Okay."

***

That just happened..

Okay then. Im not good at emotional scenes like this chapter was supposed to be, so maybe fake a tear for me?

Maybe even dab your eyes with a tissue.

Eventually (probably when I finish the book) I'll come back and try to make this a better chapter lol

Happy Halloween.

Im being Minnie Mouse & Im having a little Halloween party :-)

Please vote, comment & add this story to your library :)

- Mickey <3