Chapter 38

so cute *heart eyes* (not my pic)

D A I S Y

"Where are we going?" I whined, allowing Ashton to lead me down the stairs. I was blindfolded and told we were going to somewhere that was a surprise.

"I can't tell you," Ashton laughed and led me outside. I heard someone close and lock the door from behind us.

Ashton safely led me to the car and helped me into the back seat. Two bodies slid into the backseat as well, but I didn't know who they were.

"Why am I being blindfolded, again?" I asked, feeling the car back out of the driveway.

"It's a surprise," Luke's voice said, coming from my left. Okay, I was sitting in the backseat with Luke and someone else.

"Or is this a way for you guys to kidnap me?" I skeptically asked.

"Daisy, you live with us. How is it possible to kidnap you?" Michael's sarcastic voice came from my right. Okay, Luke and Michael were sitting with me. So Ash and Cal were in the front seats.

I ignored him, and instead let my mind wander. What was the surprise? I couldn't think of anything they might surprise me with. A car, maybe?

"Are we there yet?"

"No, Daisy,"

"Now?"

"Nope." Calum answered this time instead of Ashton.

About five minutes later the car came to a stop and the key was taken out of the ignition.

"Can I take the blindfold off now?" I asked.

"Once you get out the car," Luke said and helped me out. I opened my mouth to ask if I could take it off now, when the fabric slipped from my face.

I squinted in the sunlight, my eyes adjusting to the sudden change of light. Once they were adjusted I looked around at my surroundings. We were in a parking lot in front of a friendly looking building. Finally, I noticed the sign. Palace of paws was written on a sign. Next to it was a silhouette of a person and a dog playing.

"We're getting a dog?" I turned to the boys, my eyes wide.

Ashton nodded, his dimples showing and everything. "Yeah." Then his face fell a little and the dimples disappeared, "We'll be a lot more busy now, so we thought it'd be nice for you to have company when we're gone."

"When you're gone?" tears blurred my vision. "You're going on tour without me?"

Ashton's eyes widened. "No. I meant when we're gone at interviews and meetings and all that. But, when we go on tour again you're coming with us."

I relaxed and nodded. Ashton led the way inside, the boys and I followed. The lady at the front desk led us to the back room where the dogs were kept. The dogs lined up the walls in cages, barking happily at us when we walked in.

There were small dogs and big dogs; Chihuahuas and poodles; light colored dogs and dark colored dogs. Ashton went to an adorable baby Lab, Calum went for the yipping Corgi, Michael went to the fluffy poodle, and Luke looked at a beautiful blue-eyed husky.

I walked down the rows of cages, searching for the perfect one. Finally, I came across a small light colored pug. I knelt down to it and pressed my fingers against the cage bars, giggling when it liked me.

"I like this one," I said.

The boys came over to see it, all of them aweing.

Ashton went to get the lady, who came back and unlocked the cage. The pug ran out its cage and climbed into my lap, yipping and licking.