Chapter 39

I stood in the mirror, staring at my body. I didn't like way this bikini looked on me.

I reached around my back and started to take the bikini off. I'll just stay inside so the boys don't have to see how fat I look. But then, I remembered how Michael said it was dark out and nobody would really see me anyways.

I took my hands away from my top.

"Daisy?" Michael's voice sounded from the other side of the door, followed by a few knocks. "What's taking so long? Are you okay?"

"No." I admitted.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked again and jiggled the handle.

"I look disgusting."

"Let me in," Michael pleaded. I sighed and walked over to let him in. The door opened and he came in, Maya trotting in after him. I quickly hugged myself so he wouldn't see my body.

He closed the door behind him.

"You don't look disgusting," he softly said.

"Yes I do. I mean, look at this," I pinched at my stomach.

"Listen," Michael sternly said. "I know what it's like to feel self-conscious. I mean, look at me; I'm the least fit in the band. But I don't let it get to me. You need to not let it get to you either. You'll be so much happier once you loosen up and learn to not be so harsh on yourself."

I nodded, feeling slightly better after that.

"Come on, the boys are waiting for us." Michael laughed. Maya followed us outside, then laid down on the patio while chewing one of her new toys.

Michael and I stood at the edge, hesitating to jump in.

"Is it cold?" I squeaked.

"I don't know, you tell me," Michael said.

"Wha-" suddenly I was shoved. I fell forward, landing in the water with a painfully loud splash.

I resurfaced and was welcomed by loud laughter from the boys. I glared at them all.

Michael chuckled and slid into the pool. The laughing eventually stopped and we all stood there in silence, pondering over what to do know.

"Let's play chicken fight!" Calum suggested.

The next thing I knew Luke climbed onto Calum's shoulder.

"Daisy, I'll go underwater and you get on my shoulders." Ashton said to me.

"What? No, I'm too heavy. Why can't Mikey get on your shoulders instead?"

"Luke wants to go against you. Besides, Michael prefers watching," Calum answered.

I opened my mouth to argue when Ashton went underwater. I sighed and got onto his shoulders. He stood up out of the water, causing me to let out a shriek at the new height.

I grabbed onto Ashton's hair, not realizing I was tugging on it until he told me I was.

"Ow, my hair!" Ashton swatted at my hands.

"Sorry!" I took my hands away.

"Okay, ready?" Michael asked.

"Wait, how do you pla-" I was cut off by Luke shoving me. I squealed and grabbed onto Ashton and balanced myself.

"Try to push Luke off Calum!" Ashton cried from under me. I shoved Luke back.

We grabbed each others shoulders and pushed and shook. Ashton and Luke also tried to knock each other over. Luke gave me a hard shove and I ended up falling off, Ashton going down with me.

We all laughed as Ashton and I resurfaced. Maya barked and ran to the pool side.

It felt good to spend time with the boys.

Too bad it didn't last forever.

***

"Did you hear about the new girl?" Jaz asked me at lunch.

"The new girl?"

"Yeah. She's coming tomorrow." Jaz said.

"Is she that important that you already know her?" I asked.

"Well, everyone knows. She got expelled or something," Jaz waved at a girl she knew that walked by.

Jacob sat down beside me, pressing a small kiss to my cheek.

"What did she do?"

Jaz shrugged and shoved a chip into her mouth.

"What did who do?" Jacob asked.

"The new girl that's coming tomorrow." Jaz rolled her eyes as if my boyfriend was supposed to know.

Jacob stuck his tongue out at her.

"You guys should come over later to see Maya," I changed the conversation. The day I got Maya (which was two days ago) I had sent them pictures of her.

"I don't think I'm doing anything today," Jaz said.

"Me either."

Once I got home from school I found Ashton, who was in the kitchen on his phone.

"Hi," I sat next to him at the island.

"Hey," he turned his phone off to give me his full attention.

"Can Jaz and Jacob come over to see Maya?" I asked him.

"Sure." Ashton smiled. He liked Jaz and eventually started to like Jacob.

"Thanks!" I gave him a little hug.

"No problem." he said. "Oh yeah; Christmas is coming up in two weeks, what do you want?"

"You don't have to get me anything. I mean, we just got Maya. That's enough." I told him.

He looked at me with shock. "I have to get you something. Think about it, okay?"

I nodded. Even though I had a blood-related family before this, this was going to be my first Christmas with my family.

My real family.

***

Two updates in one day Im on fire. but guys this story might be over in like three weeks :( so far it will either be 50 chapters long or 56 Im not sure but we're almost at 40 :( I don't want this book to end ugh its my baby.

But, please vote and comment (if you guys comment ideas I could possibly make it a little over 50 chapters but I don't want to drag the story out ya feel)

stay positive. ily <3