Chapter 23

WARNING: lots of cursing in this chapter

D A I S Y

The boys had were going to the Ellen Show today where they would be interviewed and performing. We were woken up by Calum, who immediately apologized to his girlfriend and told her she could tell him anything. A part of me wished he told me that too, but he didn't.

We had to get up early, at 5am, so the boys could get ready and all that.

"I'm tired." Heidi whined for the millionth time as we all got into the car.

"I know, baby." Ashton cooed, kissing the top of her head. I rolled my eyes and hopped into the far back, sitting alone.

"Daisy rolled her eyes!" Heidi screeched, climbing into the seat next to Dani.

Dani, Calum, Heidi and Ashton all sat in the middle of the car. I sat in the very back with some random bodyguard I didn't even know, and Michael and Luke sat in front of the two couples.

Dani and Calum were all lovey-dovey the whole ride - including Heidi and Ash - and Luke and Michael were talking about something. Plus they were too far away for me to talk to. I felt lonely back here, sitting with this random man.

We reached the building where the Ellen Degeneres show was held and went backstage so the boys could get ready.

Dani, Heidi and I all sat in a separate room while the boys got ready.

"Look at this game!" Dani giggled, turning her phone to face me.

I ran to couch she was sitting on and hopped onto the seat. Heidi scowled at us as we ignored her and played this adorable game Dani had downloaded on her phone. We didn't want drama today; so we simply didn't talk to her.

She did not like that.

Maybe it's because all of the attention always needed to be on her, or because she likes to whine about everything - I dunno - but she was determined to get us back for ignoring her.

The boys ran into the dressing room, a bit sweaty and buzzing from the concert they played for the audience. Dani got up and went over to her boyfriend. So did Heidi. Calum, Danielle and Michael were fooling around, Luke was chatting with Kylie (their stylist) and Ashton was talking with Heidi.

I sat on the couch where Dani had previously been sitting with me, watching Heidi whine. I carefully listened to every word she said.

"I want to go home, Ash." Heidi whined, tears filling her eyes.

"What? Why?" Ashton worriedly grabbed both of her hands and rubbed the side of her hands with his thumbs, something he would - uh, used to - do to me when I was upset or nervous.

"Because Danielle and Daisy are so mean." Heidi sniffed, wiping her fake tears away. My jaw dropped; she wasn't.

"What did they do, baby?" Ashton cooed, glancing over at Danielle.

"They called me mean names and then ignored me when I tried to be nice." Heidi's story was so stupid.

"That's not true!" I blurted out, my voice interrupting all of the side conversations. Ashton turned and looked at me.

"She's lying!" I cried. "You can even ask Dani!"

"I'm leaving. I can't take her attitude anymore." Heidi dramatically sighed, reaching for her purse which was on the floor by her feet.

Ashton quickly turned back to face her and grabbed her hands again. "No! I'll talk to her."

"Ashton, she's lying!" I wailed. "How could you not trust me?"