Chapter 37

D A I S Y

"I'm gonna win!"

"No you're not!"

"Ha! I won!"

"Only because you cheated."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Okay, you two," Ashton broke up the small argument between Jacob and Michael.

"Tell Michael he cheated!" Jacob fumbled to take the controller off his wrist and tossed it to Calum.

"How can you cheat on Just Dance?" Michael asked, tossing his Wii controller to Luke.

"I don't know, but you did," Jacob stomped over to me and sat down, pretending to cry on my shoulder. Michael crossed his arms and sat down next to Ashton, giving Jacob a dirty look like a childish 5-year-old.

After Ashton found Jacob and I asleep, he gave me "the talk" again. Michael and Luke had taken pictures of us sleeping and posted them all over social media.

I hate this band.

Michael decided it'd be nice to order pizza for all of us. We ended up playing Just Dance while we waited for the delivery person.

Luke and Calum stood in front of the TV, picking a song to dance to. The two eventually settled on a song, then passed the controller to Ashton and Jacob.

"We've been waiting for the pizza for like two hours," Luke pointed out as Ash and Jacob started dancing - both a giggly mess.

"One hour," Michael corrected. "Should I call them?" he added, taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Yeah. I'm starving!" Calum whined.

Michael went to another room and came back minutes later, his cheeks a light pink color.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, turns out, the pizza was for pick-up . . . Not delivery." Michael bashfully said.

Ashton groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose with annoyance.

"How the hèll did you accidentally order the pizza for pick up?" Calum asked, shaking his head.

"Language!" Ashton cried.

"Sorry . . ."

"The guy had this weird accent so I couldn't understand a word he said!" Michael cried defensively.

"We can go pick it up?" Jacob offered, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't want you driving her." Ashton spat.

"Why?" Luke frowned at Ash.

"Boys drive irresponsibly. Especially boys his age." Ashton pointed out.

"We've drove places before," I argued. "He's a good driver and would never drive recklessly."

Jacob grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb against my palm, a small, comforting gesture. Ashton looked at us one last time, then sighed.

"Fine, you two can go." Ashton gave in. "Just, please be careful."

Jacob and I nodded, then grabbed out phones and money, then we were off.

***

Ring. Ring.

"Is that my phone or yours?"

"I think it's mine." I reached into the pocket of my skinny jeans and pulled my ringing phone out. Mikey with a ton of emojis after it came up.

"Hey, Michael. What's wrong?"

"We don't have any drinks or snacks. Can you and Jacob stop at the store?" Michael asked.

I repeated the question to Jacob, who gladly nodded.

"Yeah. We're heading to the grocery store now." I told Michael. We said our goodbyes then hung up.

At the grocery store Jacob grabbed a small cart. (a/n: im American so idk what Australians call a shopping cart so just go with it)

Jacob made grocery shopping fun and interesting. He'd run and then jump onto the cart and glide down the aisle; do cute little dances every time he grabbed something off the shelf; and insisted we get every junk food we passed.

We finally left the store with chips and drinks and some pop tarts, then headed to the pizza place. But once we got outside we were met with paparazzi and a handful of fans. There was maybe six of them; all snapping pictures and asking questions. The fans were taking pictures and videos.

Jacob protectively draped his arm around my shoulder and led me through the crowd.

"Hi, Daisy," a man said to me, walking in front of us. "How are you?"

"Good," I awkwardly mumbled.

It was hard to see with all of the flashes, but luckily I had Jacob.

"How's Ashton?"

I didn't answer. We had finally reached my boyfriends care, and practically threw ourselves inside.

***

The bell above the door jingled as I walked in and the delicious smell of pizza hit me. I scanned the room and began walking to the pick-up window. But a familiar voice made me stop in my tracks.

I looked towards the voice. A girl a little taller than me was at the register. Her back was to me but the girls style and hair was awfully familiar.

Jacob gently tugged on my arm, reminding me to move. I blinked and walked up to the cash register. I watched the girl turn and walk out, leaving me questioning if it was who I thought it was.

***

Short chapter but oh well. Oooh who do you think it is?

Please remember to vote & comment! :-)

Also, thank you so much for 12k omg ily all. I never thought this book would get over 100 lol dont give up :-)

20k by Christmas? That'd be cool.

stay positive. ily <3