Chapter 24

new pov :-) careful because later the pov will switch back to Daisy.

A S H T O N

That happened two days ago. Two days ago I realized how my girlfriend was tearing Daisy and I apart - but I pushed it to the back of my mind. Two days ago Daisy, Dani and Heidi fought. Two days ago Daisy lost it and let it all out, swearing and yelling at Heidi.

We didn't leave Dani and Heidi alone or Daisy and Heidi alone (or all three of them alone together) in case they had another fight. Now we were eating dinner, and about to have dessert, which Heidi made for us.

"Ready for the best cookies you'll ever have in your entire life?" Heidi's sweet voice called as she bent into the oven. We all nodded, even though her back was to us. Daisy still wasn't eating much, but she ate most of her dinner.

Heidi brought out a plate of steaming cookies. "Careful, they're hot." she kissed me on the cheek. We all shoved some onto out plate, and waited for them to cool.

"What kinds are these?" Calum wondered, poking at his cookie only to pull his now burned finger back and blow on his skin.

"Oh, you know, just plain old sugar cookies." she replied. "Oh, look. They're cooled. Everyone, take a bite."

We all bit into the warm cookie, savoring it's sweet flavor.

"Huh," Calum mumbled with a mouth full. "This tastes like -"

All of the sudden, Daisy started coughing, and dropped the cookie to the floor.

"Daisy?" Dani worriedly reached over to touch the young girls arm. "What's wrong?"

Dani, who hadn't tried the cookie, bit into hers, as Daisy coughed and hacked.

Dani's eyes widened. "Oh shït! This is peanut butter."

"I can't . . ." Daisy gasped. "I can't breathe!"

Daisy coughed and tugged at the collar of her sleeve, as if it would help her breathe.

"What?" I confusedly said.

"She's allergic to peanut butter!" Dani yelled, full out panicking. "She needs to go to the hospital!"

Calum freaked out and called an ambulance.

"Fück that." I cried, getting out of my seat. I scooped Daisy up in my arms.

"Ashton!" Luke called as I ran out the hotel. I didn't waist time with the elevator and instead ran down the stairs as fast as I could. Daisy was panting and coughing, gripping my shirt.

I ran through the lobby and out the doors, cursing when I realized I didn't have keys for the car. No time to waste.

I ran down the sidewalk, yelling for a taxi. One stopped by the sidewalk, which I threw myself into.

"The local hospital. Drive!" I yelled. The taxi slammed on the gas.

"It's gonna be okay, baby." I whispered, cradling Daisy to my chest.

Her heart rate drastically slowed down, and she stopped panting so much.

"No." I was crying now. "Stay with me. You'll be okay. Please."

I looked up at the driver. "Drive faster! Please!"

I looked back down at my daughter and grabbed her hand. "Squeeze if you can hear me. Please."

I felt the slightest squeeze, right before her eyes shut and she went unconscious.

***

D A I S Y

The first thing I saw when my eyes opened was a fat balloon with a smiling cartoon Daisy flower on it.

What the hell?

I looked around, blinking repeatedly to clear up my fuzzy vision. I was in a hospital room, laying on a bed with various teddy bears placed around me and balloons floating around me. It was obvious I was in a hospital. But why? What happened?

Right on cue, a doctor in all blue came in, smiling softly. He reminded me of that time I had been weighed st the doctor in front of Ashton.

Ashton.

"Ah, you're awake." he pulled a chair over to the side of my bed and sat down. "How are you feeling?"

"Confused. What happened?" I asked.

"You had an allergic reaction to a peanut butter cookie. Your dad was very worried about you." The doctor chuckled. "We told him you'd be fine, but he kept bugging us to let him see you."

That's when it all hit me. All of the memories of earlier flashed before my eyes. A 10 second slideshow. The cookies Heidi gave us. Me not being able to breathe; Ashton carrying me out of the hotel; Ashton catching a taxi; me squeezing his hand. The rest I didn't know because I passed out by then.

Heidi did this on purpose. I got a little flashback to the day Calum asked if I wanted a peanut butter sandwich, and I had told him I was allergic. She heard. I know she did.

I just hoped Ashton knew this as well.

"Would you like your dad to come in?" the doctor asked.

"No." I said. "I want Danielle. Don't let him in here."

The doctor left. Dani walked in, moments later.

"Hey." She sat in the chair the doctor had been sitting in.

"Hi."

"How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, staring up at the ceiling tiles.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to live with Ashton anymore." I confessed, trying my best to keep the new tears in.

"What? Why?"

"I can't take Heidi anymore. She took it too far, this time." I looked over at Dani.

Danielle got that angry look in her eyes. When she had that look it was best to keep your distance.

Without saying another word, she got up and ran out the room.

***

Double update whoo. I hate heidi so much. Please vote & comment :-)

stay positive. ily <3