Chapter 5

D A I S Y

I tripped over my many shopping
bags, nearly falling as I entered my room. I set all my stuff down and pulled the IPhone Ashton bought me out my pocket.

I didn't deserve all of this, and Ashton was too sweet.

"Daisy!" Ashton called, his footsteps thumped up the stairs.

"Yeah?" I called back, setting my phone on the nightstand.

"Can we talk?" Ashton asked, his voice normal. He was standing at the doorway, a hand running through his curls.

"Sure." I had been dreading this for a while.

I sat on my bed while Ashton sat right across from me. He checked his phone for a second before saying, "so, what happens in this reoccurring nightmare of yours?"

"Ashton -"

A S H T O N

"Ashton -"

"I care. I know you don't believe me, but I care. And to try to help you, I need to know these things." I interrupted.

"Okay. Keep this between us. Well, the nightmare.. It actually happened." Daisy said, playing with her fingers nervously. "It's from when my parents left me. They drove me and my sister to a orphanage and made me get out the car, then they drove away with my sister."

"Really? I'm so sorry."

She smiled sadly. "They always loved her more, so it wasn't surprising when they abandoned me in the rain outside an orphanage. Anyways, I fell asleep on the stairs. The next day Mrs. Briggs came out and she took me under her wing."

"Thats so sad. I'm so sorry." I said.

"Yeah." she looked like she was about to cry, but she held it in so well. She was so strong. "I miss my sister."

I looked down. "I'll give you some alone time. Call for me if you need something."

I went downstairs, where the boys were gathered in the living room.

"Got it?" Michael asked.

"Got it." I confirmed, pressing play on the video on my phone.

"I feel kinda bad. Daisy doesn't know you recorded the conversation and now we're listening to it." Luke commented. Just as we were half way through, Daisy walked downstairs and heard.

"What the fück!" Daisy growled.

"What did I say about swearing?"

"Just as I began to actually trust you!" Daisy said, her expression a mix of anger and hurt. "I told you to keep it between us and you go tell the others?"

"Daisy, I -"

"Save it." she snapped, turning on her heel. She marched back upstairs.

"You really fücked up."

Michael and I glared and both said without skipping a beat, "Shut up, Luke."

D A I S Y

I locked my bedroom door behind me, angrily pacing back in fourth.

What a jerk.

Just as I had started to trust him.

"Daisy? Open up?" Ashton's sad voice came from the other side of the door.

"Go away." I threw the closest thing near me at the door, which happened to be a decorative pillow.

"Daisy Elizabeth Irwin, open this door immediately."

"Why? So you can talk to me, then go tell the boys everything else I've said?" I hissed, collapsing on my bed. "Go ahead, make sure to tell Michael he's fücking annoying!"

"Hey!" cried a hurt Michael from the other side of the door.

"And don't give me your last name. You may have adopted me, but I am not your daughter." I added, hanging my head over the side of the bed.

Ashton sighed and knocked more, causing me to chuck a pillow at the door again.

"Daisy, please. Give me a chance." Ashton said.

I groaned and got up. I opened the door and looked up at him, glaring.

"Can we just talk about it? Away from the other boys? I promise to keep it between us?"

That's how I ended up walking the neighborhood with Ashton Irwin.

"I'm sorry for telling them." he said, looking up at a fluffy cloud.

I had cooled down after that little episode. "It's okay. They were bound to find out sooner or later.. I guess."

"Yeah. I don't deserve your trust."

I didn't say anything else, because it was true.

"I'm a meanie head."

I looked over at him, letting out a laugh. "You are."

Sure he lost my trust, but this was his way to win it back and prove to me he could be trusted.

***

Short af chapter im sorryyy.

Do you think Ashton will get Daisy to trust him again? Do you think Daisy will trust him again?

Once 5+ people read this I'll update chapter 6 (not asking for reads, its just so I can get people into my story b4 finish it bc that would suck)

but anyway, vote comment & add this story to your library or youll never meet your fav

Dont risk it

- Mickey <3