Chapter 40

have you or a loved one been suffering from a lack of 5sos merch??

unrivaled merch is scientifically proven to cure deprived 5sos stans.

just check for yourself (or click the link provided in my bio): https://unrivaledmerch.com/5-seconds-of-summer/

you'll not only get FREE shipping but also a 10% off discount if you use my code. CODE: mrcalibu

they sell merch for 5sos, shawn mendes, mamamoo, & more so go explore.

you know you wanna ;)

D A I S Y

Jacob and I were almost late to home room (we went to Duncan Donuts for breakfast together), so we were the last ones into the room.

The classroom looked the same; all of the students were sitting in random seats to talk to friends and Mrs. Davis was sitting on her stool sipping away at her coffee as usual.

Except, there was someone in the classroom who had never been here before.

"Good morning," Mrs. Davis smiled at us. "We have a new student."

At the mention of her presence, the new body turned around, her face finally revealed. I almost gasped.

"Auburn?"

"Daisy?"

"Oh good, you already know each other," Mrs. Davis happily said, oblivious to how we actually were to each other.

I gulped, looking Auburn up and down. She looked the same, even after not seeing her for about a month or so. Same curled blonde hair, same clothing style, same friendly blue eyes.

Except, this time, her eyes were anything but friendly.

***

I saw her; walking towards her table of new friends. With Jaz hot on my heels I speed walked to Auburn.

"Auburn!" I cried over the loud noise in the cafeteria. "Wait!"

Auburn turned, his expression darkening when she saw me.

"Hey, I'm sorry I disappeared and I'm sorry about not seeing what you were going through. I really miss you, and hope you will forgive me and we can go back to being frie -" I began.

"Listen, Irwin," she growled. "I don't want anything to do with a self-centered, spoiled, drama-causing bïtch like you. Now why don't you go sit with your friends and leave me alone."

"You have no right to talk to her like that," Jaz stepped in, being her brave self.

"Jaz, forget about it. Let's go," I pleaded.

"No, I'm not going to let this bïtch talk to you like that!" Jaz growled.

"Excuse me?" Auburn gasped.

"You hear me. Now, listen, I don't know what happened between you two, but you need to grow up and drop the attitude. Daisy doesn't cause drama and she's the sweetest thing ever, and I'm not going to let you make her doubt that." Jaz crossed her arms.

I looked at her admiringly, glad I had her by my side. Suddenly, Auburn leaned in, so our faces were close.

"I'll ruin you, Irwin," she promised. I shivered at her words.

Auburn pulled back, put on a fake smile, then sauntered off. I stared at Jaz with wide eyes and gulped.

What did I just get myself into?

***

"So, what the hèll happened between you and Auburn?" Jaz said once she shut the front door behind her.

I held a finger up to pause the conversation and yelled for the boys. I didn't get an answer, meaning they were either at a meeting or at an interview. We ventured into the kitchen and got out snacks.

"You didn't answer my question," Jaz reminded me.

I chewed the apple I just bit from. "What do you want for Christmas?"

"iTunes gift card," she nonchalantly answered. "and don't change the subject."

"Fine." I huffed and sat down beside her at the island. "Get comfortable, this could take awhile."

Jaz nodded and munched on a marshmallow, waiting for my story.

"I first met Auburn at Target when we both reached for the same notebook at the same time. The next day or so, I started school and she had just moved there and was in my homeroom. She even sat next to me. I dunno, we just clicked. Anyways, time passed and I met Macy and her clique. They were the popular girls; the girls people dreamed of being. Macy was my 'friend' and she kinda took me under her wing. Like she dressed me in popular clothing and tried to make me popular also. I don't remember much but Auburn and I had a fight about her having problems that I didn't 'care to know about' and she said I didn't notice that she was going through tough times. Basically she was super angry at me. After that I went to the mall with Macy and her group. When Ash picked me up, I saw Auburn running away. I stopped her and told her mom. I guess Auburn was mad I ratted her out and the next time I saw her she called me a bïtch and we never spoke again." I told Jaz the story of Auburn and I.

(a/n: going off memory for some of that so please correct me if anything is wrong *cough* her middle name *cough*)

"She was my best friend," I whispered. "I wish I noticed that she was going through hèll and helped her."

Right on cue, Maya ran into the kitchen, her nails making that noise as she slid across the floor.

"Maya!" I squealed, picking her up and setting her in my lap. She licked Jaz's chin and barked at us both.

"Let's go take her on a walk," I said, setting Maya down on the floor.

Jaz nodded and stuffed the rest of her fluffy marshmallows into her mouth, making her look like a hamster. I laughed at the sight then fetched Maya's leash.

"It's not your fault, by the way," Jaz said as we ventured on down the sidewalk.

"What?"

"Auburn getting mad at you. I mean, she didn't have to get so upset about it," Jaz had a good point, but I still took the blame.

I thought about how Auburn said she would "ruin" me.

Whatever that meant.

***

5sos are in D.C. and I live like an hour away from D.C. michael is so close but so far :( brb Im going to D.C. so I can lick the ground where 5sos have walked lol

hahaha someone said she was glad Auburn was back if the new girl was her.. Are you still glad?

lol, ily guys so much :-)

Goal: 20k by Christmas (11 days to go) also, please remember to vote & comment :-)

stay positive. ily <3