41 - Liar, Liar Pants on Fire

The sun was streaming in through the large window in a warm haze. It was Saturday morning and I was enjoying rare time alone, lying stretched out in bed reading the news. Jarod had insisted I had a lie in and relax.

It was times like this, I realised how wonderful Jarod could be with these little touches making me feel special and loved. This morning, Jarod brought me a cup of coffee and gone to the gym, dropping Sophia off enroute to a play activity to give me some time out. Jarod told me it thought it was only fair; he liked to go to the gym to clear his head from the pressure of work and knew I liked to read the papers or go for a walk. The way he saw it and I certainly agreed, we all had our thing and we all needed our own "me time" to make us happy.

I turned my head to the left to look at the clock, I had an hour to chill before they came back. It was nice to enjoy the quietness for a change, relax and indulge in doing nothing. Jarod mentioned this morning, that he would see if he could book Sophia in for every Saturday morning, as the timing worked well for us as a family.

I got my phone out, it was pointless to even look but still I found my fingers logging onto Wattpad, checking to see if Emily had any further stories listed. Upon reaching her profile, I was surprised to see a new story added. Emotion and almost submerged me and involuntary I held my breath for a moment, as my fingers hesitated to reveal what she had written. Nauseous with excitement my fingers slid over to the new addition and I pressed "read".

The Liar

It was difficult to move without excruciating pain in the hospital bed and various tubes were attached to her, Intermittently the Police would arrive to get more information, before exhaustion and the sheer effort to talk became too much. Still, no one would tell her what had happened to her daughter, for no one believed the truth.

For now she had to focus on ensuring that woman paid the price for the pain inflicted upon her. The hospital staff told her, she was fortunate to be alive and it had taken an off duty policeman and two passing strangers to restrain her attacker.

The Police informed her that it appeared from the injuries she had sustained and the witnesses' accounts, that the woman attacker had grabbed a metal pipe from some nearby scaffolding for her frenzied attack causing serious jaw problems and missing teeth.

She recalled the day well and had been observing, trying not to be seen but in her excitement of catching a first glimpse of her child in a long time, she stood out of the shadows and in error right into the path of the person who had stolen her beloved daughter.

It was evident from the hard black eyes that her face was recognised and the path to any escape was blocked. She out stared her opponent in a burning hate of frustration and a rage appeared inside that had been simmering for many months.

Once the torch had been ignited, the pain of a tortured mother was let loose, "Give me back my child! She's not yours. Where is she?"

The other woman shoved her hard and pinned her to the ground. The distraught mother could not match her strength and so she tried to reason with her opponent.

Firmly, she told her, "I want my child back. Whatever he has told you; it is not possible for him to be the father. I was pregnant when I met him. My child's father died before she was born."

There was a pause before the other woman let her get up, obviously processing her words before she spun round and grabbed her again shaking her both her arms that she had grabbed, her voice hissing like a viper.