73 - A Picture of Feasibility (Part One)

Athina discusses things with Jarod but .....

"Don't I deserve a response?" Jarod shouted aggressively with black blazing eyes.

"Uh huh" I muttered under my breath.

I just knew he would not give me a choice but I tried to get my point across, "Jarod, you know this is a joint decision...." I said quietly.

Jarod, got up from the sofa so abruptly, it shuddered in his wake.

"Grrr" said Jarod as his face grew red with anger, as he paced backwards and forward in front of me and his eyes burned darkly each time they met mine.

I tried to diffuse the situation calm him down, "Jarod, I just thought the timing wasn't right for us, that's all."

He stopped pacing and I sighed, and stood up and went to stand beside him, stroking is arm, placing my hand in his and looked up at him quizzically.

He ran his free hand through his hair and turned to me with a soft smile. I can only assume the concern I felt must have shown on my face. He pulled me in close and kissed me gently. His voice was softer and kinder as he spoke this time.

"It will be okay Athina, I promise. I will sort out the divorce and we will get married. I will love our child as much as I love you. There is no need to worry. Everything will be fine. Look Athina, I'm not going anywhere."

My eyes glistened with tears as he took me his arms and I began to sob.

"Its okay, Athina. I am not going to ever abandon you and our child, be very sure of that. I love you, I adore you and we have a very bright future. Life has a way of working things out."

He pulled me slightly away from him and held my gaze in his. I rubbed my eyes, trying to dry the tears away from them.

"Funny you should say that..."

I was just about to say that was what Tony said, when I stopped myself. I knew if he found out that Tony had known about this pregnancy before him, Jarod would not be happy. Sometimes, things are better left unsaid. Jarod looked at me quizzically to continue, as my voice uttered words I never knew I would say.

"In the deepness of my heart, I hoped you would say that."

I smiled at him warily as he smiled back and gently kissed me again on the lips.

"Shall we tell Sophia tomorrow," asked Jarod beaming.

He was like a kid, it was only his height and the fact Jarod was wearing a tailored suit that I knew he was not, as the welling excitement shone in his eyes. I shook my head, I feared this, it would be like a rollercoaster and before you knew it, I would be dragged along faster than I wanted. I was too cautious.

"Not yet Jarod," I said seriously, "most people wait 2 or 3 months before they tell anyone and its very early days. Let's not run away with ourselves okay? I need to see my doctor and I don't want to tell work yet either. Jarod, just for now, let's keep it to ourselves".

Jarod turned so swiftly he was like lightening. The horror on his face was frightening!

"Athina, you are not going back to work!"

He said it so forcefully that I raised my eyebrows at him, as this had been my gut feeling and fear that he would completely over react and had made me so nervous about telling him.

"Jarod, most people now work until just before the birth, or at least a week or month before. We aren't in the dark ages anymore!"

He came over to me and kissed me firmly and took my hand in his, the other hand moving a stray hair away from my face. His voice so breathy and passionate, it took my breath away.