118 - A Mad Man

A gasp left my quivering lips as he approached me and tried to look at him straight in the eyes, as I felt my body shake.

Jarod raised a hand, as if he was about to slap my face and instinctively I turned my cheek away as I side--stepped away but in that same moment, his fingers grabbed a handful of hair and pulled me sharply. It took me by surprise; the force in which he yanked me was so hard, that the olive oil already on the floor made me slip, as my feet slipped in all different direction as he carried on dragging me, towards the next room.

"Jarod no. Please. You're hurting me," I screamed.

My throat felt dry and parched as I cried out, "Help me, please someone help me and my baby."

I swallowed and a lump caught in my throat, as a tiny foot kicked from within my stomach, making it's presence known, as a lone tear escaped from the corner of my eye and tumbled down my cheek. Oblivious to my distress, Jarod shouted at me.

"You're my fiancée. Got it woman. Mine. I've told many times, it's your responsibility to let me know where you are. I shouldn't have to check on you. This cannot continue. I'm going to teach you a lesson woman. You need to mend your ways".

Jarod carried on shouting at me, he looked so strange as though he was high on drugs, as he continued to scream at me, "you will do as I say, do you understand me?"

There seemed to be no reasoning with him at all.

"Jarod, stop this craziness, I don't know who you are anymore. Leave me alone. You will harm the baby. Please Jarod, please see sense," I pleaded for the sake of our baby.

There seemed to be no stopping him, from the road he was on. My heart banged hard in my chest, with every beat resonating through every cell of my body, as my breathing became laboured, as panic took over.

I closed my eyes trying not to look at him, as I tried to focus on my breathing, slow and measured, trying to calm myself.

Touches of the dream flashed before me, my pulse quickened, so it reverberated in my wrist as I tried to pull away from him in utter desperation.

"Just let me go, I hate you," I shouted. Did Jarod not understand he was putting our child at risk the child he purported he wanted so much? Then a thought entered my head, as the metallic taste filled my mouth, as I contemplated that maybe his intention was to kill me!

As we struggled and argued in the kitchen, I considered that it appeared regrettably that passion and trust does not always go hand in hand.

I felt weary and drained as I lent against the wall and wiped my tear stained face. I could not stay here now, nothing he could say or do could convince me. I had to leave.

His eyes narrowed as I pushed myself further against the wall, wishing I could vanish inside it, away from him. A deathly quiet filled the room and all I could hear was the sound of each of us breathing; as each wondered who would make the next move. As he watched me like a hawk, trying to anticipate.

Jarod hated the fact I still had my flat and rented it out, giving me an income which meant I wasn't reliant on him; which I sense infuriated him when he stopped the promised allowance. Jarod wasn't use to an independent woman; maybe he liked Theodora's neediness.

The pain from him pulling my hair had subsided and my eyes looked up and noticed he had let go of my hair. This was it. I needed to escape and leave. Thank god I had somewhere to go. Moving my body anti-clockwise, I pivoted, my foot just about to take another step.

"Where the hell do you think you're going, Bitch!"

I cried out, as He grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him.

"You're going nowhere woman! You belong with me. Stop this stupidity!"

I tried to pull out of his grasp, but he grasped my arm so tight and abrupt, it felt as though my arm would come out of its shoulder socket.

As my eyes filled with moistness, I winced in pain, before his hand then hit my cheek so hard, I screamed out again. Jarod's free hand covered my mouth as other hand dragged me across the floor towards the lounge.

Oh my God! Was the hell was he going to do. My free arm cradled my unborn child. Was he going to throw me over the balcony?

As my life flashed before me, I wondered if this was it. What if I only had moments to live? I remembered hearing the words in a film once, 'Be true to yourself and you will come out the other end, no matter what.'

Nausea welled up in stomach and I heard it churning, as a sick taste filled my mouth. I sobbed as I held my head in my hands. I was dealing with a mad man! What the hell was I going to do?

Edit 2.5 PAL

================================

I wonder if before you go, that you might just click the star below, if you enjoyed the words above, and if you want to share your thoughts, just let it flow :-)

=====================

No part of this may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission by the author.

Many thanks for reading my work and sharing my writing journey

Feel free to check out my poems and other works...do let me know what you think, it means a lot to me to hear what you think and will help me grow as a writer.

Thanks Kimberley S B Lieb