24 - Afterglow

I awoke to his tantalizing touch stirring me. It felt delicious and although we had had little sleep, I could feel his body nudging me to show he still wanted more.

"Mmmm"...I heard the voice in my head, as his fingers caressed my thigh edging closer to the point of no return.

I groaned, my god it felt so good, but my body sure felt sore.

I glanced over to the side to look at the alarm clock and shoved him away, in shock at the lateness of the hour.

"No, Jarod," I said in a panic.

I moved to the edge of the bed, with my legs just about to lift onto the floor.

"Jarod, have you seen the time? I have to get ready it's late!" I replied sharply.

Words were wasted. He raised himself up, kissing the back of my neck, drawing me back into his arms, caressing me all over, in a way that was very difficult to resist. Jarod unconcerned carried on touching me rhythmically. I tried to escape and implored him to let me go.

"Jarod, I need to get going now! Not everyone has the flexibility of being the Head of Department, you know!"

Jarod was a man who liked to feel and show his prowess, he was a man's man and he enjoyed having his own way in more ways than one.

An irritated sigh escaped his lips before I felt him move; inching his finger up my spine. My whole body tingled, as he moved closer, pushing my hair away from my neck, he wrapped his arms around my chest, tweaking my nipples with his fingertips. Slowly, his tongue made circles at the base of my neck, catching the shape of the bone, as he drew me to him, so I could feel the need of his body. My whole body trembled not wanting to resist him, but knowing I should.

"Jarod - Enough! You are not being fair!" I shouted, "I'll end up losing my job!"

I got up from the bed and turned around to face him. He didn't look amused.

"I have to go to work Jarod. I can't afford to lose my job. Also, I won't be here tonight, I need to sort some things out at the flat, some bills need paying."

"You don't have to do that at the flat you know Athina, get an online account like everyone else. Anyway, you have telephone banking. Why do you have to go to the flat?" he asked puzzled."

"Not all my bills are delivered by email Jarod, some actually come by post like my Council Tax and Water Rates and I need to deal with those, I don't have them with me. Honestly, please don't interrogate me," I responded. "Look, I'm sorry, Jarod, I love you and I'd love to spend the day with you in bed but I need to get to work now!" I told him firmly, pushing him away.

He grabbed my hand and tried to pull me back to him but I resisted.

"Athina," he whispered softly, "I've missed you. I need you. I want to show you how much I love you. It's hard to be sensible," he said looking at his erection making an ironic smile, "I'm sorry."

His puppy sad eyes looking at me.

"Why do you continue to keep living in that hovel of a flat? You could move in with me right now? It would be so much easier. We'd be together more. Don't you want the same?" said Jarod,.

I could tell the situation irritated him by the sound of his voice. He obviously didn't understand my point of view.

"Jarod, I haven't had my flat that long. It was going through when we first met. What's it been 6 months, what's the rush. I love you but I'm not ready to move in yet. To be honest, I rather like the 'coming and going', it sort of makes it exciting," I stated.