Chapter Eight

I nervously smoothed down my short green dress as I waited in the dressing room. 

"I can't believe this is actually happening! I mean I wanted it to, but still! Ellen? Really?" I grinned at Issac and straightened out his collar. 

"You would think Martin would have stopped us once he saw those commercials. I'm worried though." I shook my head. 

"Nope, we'll be fine. Is Jacob going on with us?" He shook his head and frowned as Jacob walked through the door. Speak of the devil. 

"I'm sorry Jill, I don't want my face on National TV. Besides, you guys will do great, you don't need me. And you have Matthew." He rolled his eyes at that and shut the door. 

"Be nice Jacob, seriously. Matt isn't that bad once you get to know him." I slapped his shoulder as the door opened again. Matthew and a man dressed in black were standing there. 

"Jill, Issac, Matthew you're on in two. Get ready." He promptly left and I gave Matthew a hug. 

"I'm so excited Matt, you know-" I cut myself off when I heard a scream. Then another, then multiple. 

"What's going on?" The same man opened the door and the yelps and screams got louder. 

"We need to get you out of here. A large group of people stormed the building and are shooting! Come on!" I ran out the door, grabbing someone's hand. 

"I bet you this was Martin!" I yelled behind me. "How dare he terrorize a group of people like that? And on Live TV is he mad?" I screamed over the yells below. 

"I prefer the term insane." God dammit. I came to a halt as Martin shot the man in front of me. Falling backwards, I landed in somebody's arms and they pulled me backwards. I turned to see Issac looking worried. 

"You're trapped." I didn't need him to tell me that. We were in the hallway, pushed into a circle, surrounded. 

"Matthew, how lovely to see you again." Martin laughed and I clenched my fist. Issac grabbed my hand and I looked at him worriedly. 

"What, did you think I was just going to let you tell everyone everything on TV? Jill, did you not think I was keeping tabs on you? That I would just ignore the commercials for you, Ellen was so excited! Well, too bad for her. Let's go." Martin had continuously walked forward until he was standing just in front of me. 

"Go where?" He took two steps forward, and I took them back. I then bumped into Jacob, who caught me. 

"A secure place, where you four will be safe and not be able to talk to anyone. I knew it was a mistake letting you go Jill, Jared was right." That caught my attention. 

"What do you mean Jared was right." Martin's group began to close in on us, and we were all pushed forward. Issac and I were pulled up, and smashed heads. 

"Ouch!" We both exclaimed as our hands were yanked down and we were handcuffed together. I looked over to see Matthew and Jacob suffering the same fate. That wouldn't end well. 

"We'll be spending a lot of time together Jill, I look forward to it." Martin was truly in my face now. I headbutted  him harshly, and smiled as he fell back. My grin was short lived though, as I felt a prick in my arm. I heard sirens in the distance though, and frowned again. They certainly took their time. 

"Goodnight Jill, I can't wait to hurt you." Martin was blurry, as my eyes forced shut. I felt like I hadn't slept for days, and I leaned on Issac. 

Shame. I would have to go on Ellen another time. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vitals are perfectly normal, and she's responsive." I groaned as light flickered over my eyelids.