Chapter Three

Awesome trailer to your right by ClaireRenee, check it out, and then check her out! (That sounded creepy)

Picture of Maria Perez to your right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*Really bad language, in Italian though. 

© 2013 by RachelJessie

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission  from RachelJessie.

"Martin Richards." Maria looked at the business card. "Yeah, this look pretty official Jill, but it just seems crazy to me. Why would a detective have it out for you." I stretched out on her grey faded couch, hearing my joints crack. 

"Easy, I basically steal his job. But there are so many people I don't get, I mean I basically only cover like six states. And get this, Matthew is working for him." Maria frowned, as Westley ran in with Amy. He spun her around before heading to the kitchen. 

"No cookies!" Maria yelled, and I heard them both aww simultaneously. Giggling, I sat up and grabbed my tea.

"Matthew, the guy who drove you home. Matthew, the sweet dreamy guy, strong, handsome, and described to me in ten minutes? Maybe he's his son, or maybe Matthew is FBI." That thought had never really occurred to me. 

"Mommy! Mama, look what I drew." Amy held out a picture to her mom, it was just a bunch of squiggles. None the less, Maria picked her up and hugged her four year old. 

"it's beautiful, why don't we get papa to put it on the fridge." She pouted, the exact image of her mother. 

"No mama, I want you to hang it up." Maria looked at me apologetically, and I waved her off. Maybe one day I would have kids.

"I threw it on the ground, man!" My ring tone went off and I quickly picked up the phone.

"Hi Jill, I wanted to know if you're busy today." My dad Jack said through the phone. I rolled my eyes.

"How about we meet at Jerry's in forty?" I asked, and Westley nodded. I would be gone soon anyways,  I think Maria had her hands full.

"Fine, see you there piccola." I hung up the phone and smiled at Westley apologetically. 

"It's fine Jill, I'll take Amy to daycare, and you and Maria can have a girl's day." That was so sweet! I gave him a hug as Maria came in holding a babbling Amy. 

"Hands off my man chica, you have Matthew." She teased and I rolled my eyes. Stepping away from Westley I picked up my keys and opened the door to their house. 

"Until tomorrow amico!" I shouted, then waved to Amy and closed the doors. The day was beautiful, and I walked to my car. 

"Jill! Hey Jill, wait up!" I turned to see Matthew, clad in running clothes. I waved to him. 

"Hey Matthew, you run here?" He nodded. "Oh I never noticed you." Matthew shrugged his shoulders and sat down on the grass.

"Almost every day, I'm surprised I've never seen you here before. Nice ride, a Lexus?" I nodded, and sat down next to him. 

"Do you by any chance know a Martin Richards?" I asked him and he hesitated, then shook his head. Lie. 

"Funny, because he visited me in the hospital, but he was talking to you before." He sighed in defeat. 

"I do know Martin, but I like to pretend I don't. I used to work for him before he went all FBI and fired me." I patted him on the shoulder, and saw a blue car in my vision, with a crushed bike.