You is all that matters

Start from the beginning

He sat on the ground in his bathroom. Emotions hit him like a train as he started drinking the second of the three bottles he bought. Tears streamed down his face.

'Mark and the bartender are right. I shouldn't care about what she thinks, but I do. I shouldn't have even said what I did.' Jack tried to ignore his thoughts, but couldn't. He tried to stop crying, but he couldn't. When he finished the second bottle, he tried to open the third, but he was too drunk too.

"Sean, is that you in there?"

Mark's awake..

*Mark's POV*

Mark woke up from his long nap. After Jack left, he thought long and hard about what to do to fix this. After two hours, he decided he'd let Jack be alone until the Irishman wanted to talk things through and sort it out. He then went to Jack's room and fell asleep.

It was almost 9:30 when he woke up. 'I hope Jack is back..'

Mark thought then realized how bad he needs to pee. He jumped up and ran to the bathroom, but stopped when he realized that the door was closed.

Mark could hear someone crying inside. 'Please let it be Jack.'

The American begged. "Sean, is that you in there?" Mark asked softly. When no answer came, he slowly opened the bathroom door.

Jack was sitting in the bathtub, crying, and trying to open a bottle of Jack Daniels. On the ground were two empty bottles, one was Captain Morgane and the other was Jager. He looked extremely drunk. "Sean, you're drunk.."

"Not at all." He slurred. He tried standing up, but couldn't. So, Mark helped him up. The Irishman wrapped his arms around the older man's neck, while the American's arms wrapped around the younger man's waist to hold him up.

"I don't believe you, Sean." Mark said carefully.

"Why?" Jack asked with his eyes glazed over. He was really drunk. All Mark could smell was the alcohol...

"Sean, you are slurring your words and can't even stand by yourself. I've seen you drunk before as well. I know you're drunk." Jack hid his face in Mark's shoulder.

"I am." The Irishman said quietly, so quietly the American almost didn't hear him. "I'm sorry..." The younger man mumbled as his voice broke slightly.

"What's wrong? Why are you apologizing?"

"I yelled at ye and started a fight."

"Babe, I don't care... it happened. I just want things to be okay. I don't want you to drink yourself into this vulnerable state you're in right now in front of me. Babe, if you do this a lot, you are going to kill your liver.. and I'll lose you. I don't want that to happen."

"Do ye mean that..?" Jack asked finally looking up. Mark softly kissed the younger man on the forehead, then looked deep into his eyes.

"Of course. I love you more than anything and I would be crushed if I ever lost you... and I am so sorry about what I said earlier."

"It's fine, I don' care anymore. I love ye too, Markimoo."
"Let's get you some water, sober you up, and hydrate you so you don't have a terrible hangover in the morning." Mark said.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jack said before getting away from Mark and vomiting a few times in the toilet. When he stopped, he laid down next to the toilet and held his stomach. Mark gagged, but he knew he needed to take care of Jack and pee. He took advantage of the moment, quickly used the bathroom, then flushed and grabbed the bottles in the tub.

"I'll be right back, babe. Please, don't move." Mark said then brought the bottles to the kitchen. He grabbed the biggest cup he could find. He filled the cup with water and walked back to the bathroom to find Jack now sitting up against the tub. When Mark walked in, the Irishman vomited a few more times.

"Water?" Jack asked desperately as he looked at the cup in Mark's hand. The American nodded and handed him the cup.

"Are you going to be okay?" Mark asked concerned as he sat next to his boyfriend. Jack nodded.

"I think I got rid of most of the alcohol in my system." Jack joked weakly and slowly drank the water. The vomiting would help him get sober and not have that bad of a hangover as well, but he still needed to get hydrated. Mark leaned over and flushed the toilet.

"Do you feel better?" The American asked when the Irishman finished the water.

"Much. All of that sobered me up a ton too." Jack explained and slowly stood up. He washed his mouth out with mouthwash then turned to Mark.