Chapter 1- Im Going Where?!

"What do you mean I have to live I New York?!"

"Honey, your grandma is very sick and we have to fly out to Canada for her but we don't have enough money to take you with us, so my good friend Maddie offered for you to live with her in Ny but-"

"But what mom? What's the catch?"

"She has five boys"

"What?!" As if my life couldn't get any worse, now I have to live with 5 hormonal boys.

"Yes 5 boys, can you believe it? Anyways we have to get going, I already packed your stuff and it's all ready to go" my mom says, giving me a tight hug. Oh she is so evil

"But why can't I just stay here?"

"Because we are not coming back here!" My mom shouts angrily. There was a certain look in her eye that pained me. It was the look I knew too well, it was the look of abandonment, the look that said she didn't want me anymore.

"What do you mean? Your abandoning me?!" A tear falls down my face, she shakes her head. "No, sweetheart you know it's not like that-"

"Then how is it like mother? Huh, let's see you don't have enough money for me so your making me stay at your friend Maddie's house against my will and then you say we're not coming back?! Sounds a lot like abandonment to me"

"Samantha, we don't have time for this. You know we love you I'll call you when we land bye" she says giving me a hug and kissing my head

"Yeah whatever bye" I slammed the front door shut as she left. I couldn't even process what just happened, but once I finally did I broke into a million pieces. My mother just left me for good.
-----
I am here outside of the house and let me just say it's amazing! It's not even a house it's a mansion. I softly knock on the door and a boy with brown hair and blue eyes answers looking confused, I just flash a smile.

" Hi I'm Sam, is Maddie there?"

"Your Sam?" He says looking me up and down, I glare at him. "Yes it's actually Samantha but I think it's too girly so I go by Sam. And you are?"

"Oh right! Yeah I'm Jake" he says holding his hand out for me to shake so I politely take it.

"Come in, you must be tired from your journey, MOM SAMS HERE!" He yells

"Oh Samantha! Nice to see you again. I don't know if you remember me but you used to play with my boys when you were little" She says, going in to hug me, I shake my head. "I'm sorry but I don't remember" She just smiled.

"That's okay, BOYS COME DOWNSTAIRS, SAMS HERE" she says and they all come rushing down. They all do what Jake does any eye me up and down.

... I think they were expecting a dude.

"Boys stop gawking and introduce yourselves" Maddie says, they all line up in front of me

"I'm Toby and I'm 14" another brown hair blue eyed boy says

"I'm Mikey and I'm also 14" he looks just like Toby

"Are you two twins?" I say

"Yes" they say in unison. Wow not creepy at all. "Okay good to know" I say and another boy stands up

"Hi I'm Ethan and I'm 16" a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes says with a wink.

"Hi I'm Eddie and I'm 17" a boy with brown hair and green eyes said, he kind of looks like the twins

"And you already know me. I'm Jake and I am sixteen also" He says with a cheeky grin, I smile. "Well it's nice to meet you guys, I'm Sam and I'm also 16, and thanks so much Maddie for letting me stay"

"Oh it's no problem" all of the boys say in unison

This is getting kinda creepy

"Sam, tomorrow we can go shopping for clothes and for your room. You can do whatever you like" Maddie says politely, I shake my head.  "I can't take money from you"

"It's my pleasure. Don't worry" she says reassuring me that it's okay, I sigh. "No offense or anything but I hate shopping" I say to Maddie

"This is my kinda girl!" Jake says hugging me a little too tight. "Umm, Jake. Can't. Breathe" I choked out, he chuckles and he let go but still has his arm slung around my shoulder. Not gonna lie though, I'm used to it because back home I had all guy friends.

"I know you don't Sam, but it gets cold down here in the winter and in the fall, so you need winter and fall clothes" Maddie explains and I groan. "Fine but only if I have to" I say and Jake is still smiling down at me. Darn him and his height he's like 5'11 and a half and I'm 5'7.
------------

Okay so today is the day we go shopping yay! (Insert sarcasm) it hasn't even been a week and I already can't stand it here. The boys are obnoxious, and perverted, all of them except for Jake. He seems normal because all he does is sit there and read all day like I do.

"Ready to go?" Maddie asks, I sigh and reply "As ready as I'll ever be" as we walk out of the door.

A half hour later, we reached our destination. Once we got out, Maddie immediately dragged me into Aeropostale.

"What size are you?" Maddie asks. "Umm I think 18". Maddie pulls out a bunch of ripped jeans and long sleeve shirts and a couple of beanies. "These should last you for the fall" she says and I go to try everything on.

Almost everything fit. The only thing that didn't fit is outfit 2 out of 45, yes 45, Maddie went all out with this whole shop till we drop thing.

Maddie pays for the stuff and then she continues to pull me into Macy's for coats and winter wear. She got me two coats a couple of leather jackets, courteroys, all kinds of boots, hats gloves, more socks, and tights just in case I want to wear my shorts.

Once we finally left the mall, we went to Home Depot. There we bought light blue paint for my room, some captain America posters, and picture frames. Then we bought my sheets and bedding.
---
After hours of shopping, we are finally home. We have so many bags that Maddie had to call the boys for help.

"BOYS, A LITTLE HELP DOWN HERE" she grunts, a few minutes later Jake and Ethan came down and grabbed some bags

"There are my two responsible boys" she says giving them both a kiss on the cheek. Then they look at me. What, are they expecting kisses from me too?

"Umm thanks" I say awkwardly giving them a thumbs up. "No problem. Anything for you" Jake says winking.

"Take these bags up to her room" Maddie demands, I chuckle as they do what she says.

"I think Jake likes you, it's okay I approve because you two are not related" she says nudging my shoulder like a teenager, I shake my head. "I don't think so. I mean who would like an ugly tomboy like me?" I say doubting myself. I've been self conscious for a while now and the reason is my mother.

"Oh honey you are beautiful inside and out. Who told you that you weren't?"

"My mother" I say looking down sadly, she firmly grabs my shoulders. "Do you feel beautiful?"

"Honestly no"

"Okay well then with your new clothes, you will look as beautiful as you do everyday, just greater. I can do light make up on you for school if you want" Maddie says, I nod and smile. "Okay sure thank you so much. Speaking of school when does it start?"

"In two days"

Two days?! Oh boy am I in for an interesting junior year
************************************
Hey guys, I'm back with the first chapter edited, I hope this is better than before. Don't forget to Vote, comment, thanks!

-Jen