Dew sighed heavily, "Jenna."

"Ouch." Jenny declared, "I thought being ousted for the ex a few inches away was bad."

"Eli didn't oust you for Clare. She was- uh -" He suddenly remembered that the truth was a secret, "She wasn't having the best of days and he came over to find out what was going on."

"Yeah, so why haven't we spoken since then?" she quirked.

Drew looked at her with a curious glint, "You don't seem one bit unhappy to me at all."

"Why should I be?" she smiled, "I've been second-place in Mr. Death's heart for so long!" She was commenting her statement in a silly voice. Drew had to laugh at this.

"It's not important to me anyways. Honestly, I guess I was just tagging along until he finally wised up."

"That's not what I heard," Drew blurted much to Jenny's mean eye.

"What are you talking about?"

"There would be no relationship had you not be the one holding on," he chose his words carefully. 

"Relationship?" she laughed at the idea. "In the four months we've been together, the most fun thing we did was sit down and talked about Mr. Sci's science project."

Drew laughed. 

"I'm serious. Mr. Death's such an emo!" she quipped. "And when she shows up, oh bother. Clare, Clare, Clare...to dump the poor guy, I fear he would've cried even though he obviously wasn't interested."

"I guess everybody has their ulterior motives for pursuing relationships these days." The comment was careless and personal but perhaps it might have been a universal truth. 

"In the beginning, I really did like him but it became more fun seeing how he was going to make it up to me after one of my jealous tirades. I didn't mean to be the jealous witch, honest." 

Drew smiled, "Can't people just say 'no' to a relationship when they know they don't really like the person, I mean what's up with that?"

"I guess like me they don't want to hurt anybody's feelings," she was sincere about her words.

"So tagging you along doesn't hurt?" He sighed heavily, reflecting on his own woes, "In fact, I think it hurts so much more thinking you had something that was never there."

Jenny rolled her eyes, she really didn't have an answer to his question nor was she sure she wanted to find one either, "I really don't have time for this, 'kay." 

"Wait," Drew stopped her before she retreated down the hall, "Thanks." 

!-0_0-!

             "So, after practice you wanna hang out for a while?" asked Marisol with pleading eyes. She was holding onto K.C's arms in a longing way. They were in the canteen during lunch.

"I can't. With Jenna hurt I have no choice. I'm picking up Trix everyday now for at least the next two weeks. And with football and school, the only time I have for us time is here in this canteen." 

Marisol was not at all happy about this news. Jenna was right, after all.

"Can't you at least beg grandma dearest to get her, just for one romantic treat?" she pleaded. She needed to win this battle. After Jenna recovers and rips co-captaincy from her once again, she no longer had any ammunition to fight with. She couldn't lose K.C. too. 

"I can't, Marisol. I thought you understood how my life is with my daughter."

"Yeah, I do." she was quick to respond, "But, we only just started out and I was looking forward to a lot of 'get-to-know-you' better dates." She was smiling now, "How about we both skip practice today and have a coffee break at the Dot. Then you can go for your daughter."