[•43•]

ERICA

Some time later, I find myself waking up in a completely different room. The walls are now concrete instead of pale plaster and the floor is now polished wood, replacing the musky stone that my eyes once saw.

The smell has changed drastically as well. Instead of the scent of dust and rotting flesh, my nose now inhales the delicious scent of roses and strawberry perfume.

My eyes scan around the area that I'm put in, realising the only bad part of this place is that it's definitely smaller than the last room, meaning that I have less space to get away from Devon; maybe it's a good thing though, it could mean that I'm one step closer at leaving this horrible place – although the scent is slightly giving me a few reasons to stay...

I shake the thought clear out of my head as I realise that I'm completely able to move again. I'm no longer trapped and tied around that hard-ass chair, I'm now somewhat free to move and wander around.

The feeling of joy suddenly washes out as I notice that I'm not alone in the space that I'm in. About a few feet away from me is another person. Paralysed, I make no movement what so ever, even my breathing shortens and quietens. All of a sudden the person breathes out heavily and turns so she's laying in front of me before opening her eyes, blinking twice and then looking up to see me.

From what I can see, she's a girl, brown hair and the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. Her pale skin is practically flawless and when she smiles at me, her teeth are a stunning white. Joey Graceffa would be proud of her teeth.

"Um, hey?" The girl snaps me out of observing her and I give her a weak smile. Her voice is croaky and dry which means she knows just as much as I do.

"Hi," I respond, and just like me, she returns a small smile. I look down and see that the girl is free to get up just like me, when she gets up, she's just like the same height as me so you can tell that we're about the same age.

We stand there, looking and observing one another, letting the silence seep around us fluently, "I'm Lacey," She finally says and I cast a smile at her name,

"Erica," She furrows her eyebrows and tilts her head to the side like she knows me, I feel my palms start to get slightly sweaty and sticky as she looks at me, I try to figure out if I know her from somewhere but my mind goes totally blank.

"I'm suppose you don't know why you're here– Why we're here?" I ask, tilting my head to the side, mirroring her expression.

"Unfortunately no, one second I was working my local shift and the next, I'm here," I let out a sigh. I guess there's my chance of some plan.

"Did you see anyone?"

"Oh, yeah, I think his name was Zach? He was here earlier..." I furrow my eyebrows.

Zach? Does she mean Graser? Why would he be here?

"Graser?"

"Who?"

"Oh, never mind,"

"Have you seen anyone?"

"Well, yeah, I saw someone called Devon...An old friend you could call him, we talked for a bit, he didn't really explain much though..." I stop talking and let that sink in, for the both of us.

"I guess you know a bit more than I do," Lacey says whilst sighing,

"What? What do you mean, I know just as much as you do,"

"Not really, you kinda know who these people are, I'm guessing this is something got to do with you... But I don't understand why I'm here, I'm just a local nurse..." I give Lacey a look and realise the words she said are true... But why?

I let out an exasperated sigh, "I'm not sure Lacey, maybe this will clear up soon, it has to right?"

"I guess," we both let silence envelope around us, before Lacey goes to the wall and slides down, waiting to whatever is going to happen next.

Whatever it is, it better happen damn soon.

-