[•29•]

Will POV.

My eyes crack open and I'm instantly blinded with white walls, I let out a groan which turns mute as I realise I can't speak, my throat is hoarse and dead dry. Geez, I need water. I try to shield my eyes as the brightness still hurts but then I notice I can't move myself, I physically cannot move, all I can do is open an close my eyes, I try to turn around to see who's in the room, but it's too painful. I attempt to cry out for help but no words come out. It's like I'm dead, but I'm not. Suddenly, a weight feels like it's been put onto my body and I try to struggle for movement, but family miserably. My eyelids flutter open and close rapidly and I open my mouth to scream or shout as much as I dare. Nothing works. I'm stuck in this position of pain and wondering if it's ever going to stop. Hopefully it will. And soon. My eyelids get heavier and heavier by the second and they weight I was once holding intensifies. Is this death? I wonder to myself, is this how I'm going to die? I hope not. My eyelids droop slightly and I muster as much power to keep them open but I fail and let them close, the weight going away and my mind drifting off to other thoughts.

".... Well, he should be waking up any day now, are you sure you have no idea what caused him to faint?"

"I think I would know what happened to my son, but apparently he fainted and his brother called for us and all we saw was blood on his head and sink, along with vomit... We've over this doctor, so many times, are you sure you know nothing else?"

"I'm very sure ma'am, we're just trying to figure out why he fainted, was he eating properly for the past few weeks?"

"He has things later or earlier than we do, his sleeping schedule isn't quite fitted for England,"

"Well Mrs Kiingston, we believe that food may be the problem, anything else you know that could be bothering him?"

"Well, I think there was this girl... Erica I think her name was?..."

My eye fling open at the sound of Erica's name. Erica. Tears fill my eyes as I hold back a sob, it's too late. I gurgle an inhuman noise, catching the attention of both my mum and what looks like the doctor.

"Will!" My mother shrieks in delight as she runs over to me and surrounds me in hugs, I slowly manage to hug her back and when we break apart, I manage to take a distinctive look at her. Her hair is more frizzy with dark circles around her eyes. Her face is pale and her bones are visible in her arms and neck. She's wearing a long mauve skirt along with a simple, plain shirt that used to fit her. I guess she hasn't been eating as much as she should, nor getting enough sleep.

The doctor slowly makes his way towards me, clipboard in his hand and he sits down on my bed, I feel the dip by where he sits and he begins to talk.

"How are you William?"

"Please, call me Will," I say slightly, my voice cracking by the dryness of my throat.

"Ok, Will, how are you feeling?" He hands me a plastic cup of water which I solemnly take. The water flows down my throat, soothing all the cracks the happened to be there and I begin to feel a lot better than I did a few seconds ago.

"I'm ok I guess, my head is killing me though," It's true, I haven't much noticed it, but now the pain is starting to make it's arrival, "What happened to me?" I ask, head tilting upward to meet his gaze,

"A few days ago you fell unconscious, banging your head on the sink, you might not remember this as you had a bit of a concussion, don't worry though, nothing major, you'll be alright in a couple of days," He tells me with a  reassuring smile on his face that doesn't quite reach his eyes though, but it's not  the smile that makes me feel calm, it's his voice, it's so soothing and patient, it almost makes me want to got to bed again.

I don't reply to him, I just nod, which gives him his cue to leave which he does, "I'll send in one the nurses to give you some food in a minute, you must be starving," Once he mentions that, I realise myself I am hungry.

Once the doctor closes the door, my mum walks over tot he bed and hugs me again, "I'm so  sorry Will,"

"Mum, I'm fine, I'm not dead," I even crack a smile which gives her a sigh of relief,

"It's not that, it's just how I never noticed you not eating as much as you should,"

"I'm fine mum, trust me, look, you can even go home and get some rest, it looks like you need it, I'll be ok by myself, just come back tomorrow,"

"If you're really sure about this," She says with raised eyebrows,

"I'm ok, go home mum," I tell her, rubbing circles on the back of her hand, she sighs again.

"OK, ok, I'll see you later," She runs her hand through my hair, "Bye Will, don't get into too much trouble,"

"Mum, I'm in a hospital, the worse thing that can happen is that I spill water all over the floor," I smile at her which she returns with a slight chuckle,

"Ok, I'm trusting you,"

"Probably going to regret that," She laughs and exits the room, kissing my forehead beforehand.

Now she's gone I take the chance to survey myself and how I'm looking. I start staring at my arms and instantly see my bones. Wow I've gone so much more skinny. I lift my head slightly to see my legs which I can just about see through the blanket, all there is is bones as well. I go and touch my head only greeted by a bandage that's been wrapped around my head secured by a pin.  groan and lie back down, letting the silence scare and soothe me.

As I'm taking in my surroundings, the door opens and a girl my age comes in with  brown hair that's tied in a neat ponytail and her eyes are a shimmering blue colour, she looks familiar, but I can't pick out where.

She sets down the plate, not looking at me until I start to speak to her, "Hey,"

She looks slightly startled, I don't think she expected me to be awake, "Oh, hi.."

I furrow my eyebrows, that voice, where on earth have I heard that before, "Have we met before?" I ask, taking my chances,

"No, not that I know of," She says a smile threatening to perk by her lips,

"Well, I'm Will,"

"Lacey," And that's when I realise where I know her from.

Lacey.

-