[•33•]

Will POV.

-

My eyes bore into the tiny screen again and again, trying to make out on what's on there. Every message on there surprises me in their own way. I mess up my hair with my fingers, trying to figure out what to do next. I re-read each message, making sure what I'm seeing isn't lies. I keep scratching my head, this is all so fucked up, I think, all so fucking fucked up.

Taking another sip of my water, checking the messages once more. Eyebrows furrowed, I click on 'J''s' choice of words to send me.

'You Better Watch Your Step'

A shiver runs up my spine. Who could 'J' be? Jordan should be the most obvious answer, but it couldn't be, I have his number... Unless he got a new one? No, he would tell me, we made up ages ago, he would surely tell me... Right? I text him just to make sure,

To: Baeyani Bunny

Hey dude, did you get a new number?

I get a reply almost instantly.

Fr. Baeyani Bunny

No man, why? Something up?

So it's not Jordan, so who is it?

To: Baeyani Bunny

No worries dude :)

I think about all the possible people it could be, and who has a j in their name that I know of. The only person that pops into mind is Julio, but I have his number as well, I text him as well just to make sure but I only get the same reply like I did with Jordan. I crease my eyebrows, whoever this is, is surely sick in the head if they're pulling a joke.

I feel like I've had enough so I go ahead and pay for my water and leave the café. My feet start to walk into the direction needed and I take the essence to gulp as much air as possible because for some reason, I have the feeling it might be the last breaths of air I'll get.

My hands fumble with my keys, inserting and re-inserting the right and wrong key into the hole, my breaths thicken as I struggle to open the door. Get in, get in! My head violently shrieks, I pull and push the door, unable to open still. One final tug does the trick and I stumble inside, my breathing heavy and audible, like I've been running a marathon but in reality, all I've done is take a hike down the road.

"Everything ok there Will?" My dad asks from down the hall, I nod my head even when I know they can't see me, either way, I'm too lost for words. I lean myself on a table near by just to steady my breathing, what's wrong with me? Nothing happened...

MY mother's head peeps through and a look of horror crosses her face as she sees me in my state of form, "Oh my goodness, Will! Are you ok? What happened?!" Her hands cover her mouth as she makes her way to me and yet, all I can do is nod my head at her. I couldn't even shake my head if I wanted to. All I'm able to do is nod. Nod and lie, nodding is the worst thing I can do right now, but it seems like the only thing I'm able to do.

I close my eyes and suck in my breath, i start holding my breath for ten seconds. One, two three...

"Will, what happened darling?"

seven, eight, nine.

Ten.

I open my eyes again and stand up fully, now able to control my own body. "I'm ok, just had a few breathing problems whilst I was walking, I'm ok now though mum, trust me,"

She nods at my uncertain whether or not to leave me, but she does so any way, "It's best if you just lie down then, just miss dinner for now, I'll give it to you later," She walks aways and I sigh, back to being treated like a baby then.

I don't complain with going back to my room, I actually go as soon as she leaves. I open my bedroom door and check my phone again. 3 more messages appear from 'J'.

(3) Messages from Unknown

I see you had trouble going inside your house Will.

You better be careful on what you do.

Don't make stupid mistakes, you can't afford to do that. Especially if you want to see her again.

~J

My heartbeat quickens, I check outside my curtains to see if anyone's out there, but I'm left seeing no one. I feel my heart pumping violently against my ribcage, whoever this is, they're scaring the shit out of me... Another beep comes from my phone and it's from the same person.

Message from Unknown

Scared?

As soon as I read it, the messages start pouring in one by one, non stop.

Message from Unknown

I know everything William.

You little fuck boy.

I know what you've done.

Don't think you can hide.

I see you.

I know your every move.

Not going to reply?

Good, it's better that way.

You know who I am Will.

Keep guessing and you'll get it.

~J

Beads of sweat roll down the back of my neck as goosebumps start to form all over my body.

Right that's it. I'm going to find out who the fuck this 'J' person is. Another beep comes from my phone and I'm scared to look at it. It's from 'J'.

Message from Unknown

Roses are red.

So is blood.

Be scared William.

Your time is almost done.

-

-

-