Chapter 40: Little Doves

I listened as Brock let whoever had knocked in as I slipped on a pair of underwear and one of Brock's shirt. It swallowed me but that was the way I like it anyway. I walked out the door to see Dean and Rome sitting on my couch. I swallowed the disappointment they had caused and plopped down on Brock's lap in the chair.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Did we interrupt something?" Dean asked.

"Yes," Brock and I said at the same time.

Dean looked taken aback. "Thanks for your honesty?"

"You are soooo welcome," I said in a fake preppy voice.

He scoffed. "Whatever."

"So why are you guys here?"

"We thought it would be good to talk about the match next week." Rome answered. "It's Kane, J&J, and Seth versus Dean, Brock, you, and me."

I smiled. "Oh that's gonna be fun."

"We gotta come out on top," Dean said. "That's how we can make them tell we are serious."

"We will," I said with a shrug. "You two work good together and I work great with Dean. Brock basically kills everything. We'll win for sure."

"True that," Rome said with a smile. He stuck his fist out. I placed mine on top of his, Dean's under Rome's. We than looked expectantly at Brock, who maneuvered around me to put his on top of mine.

"If we become like a faction we should have We are One by 12 Stones as our theme song." I said. "I like that song."

"I agree with that," Dean said.

"Same here," Rome said. Brock played with my hair though no one expected an answer from him. He pulled my hair to the side before speaking up.

"I didn't know you had tattoos here."

"She has tattoos there?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. Two little black doves." Brock answered. The tattoos in particular he was talking about were right at my hair line. Two little black with wings spread wide, flying upward, were there. One for each person I had lost.

"What do they represent?" Rome asked.

"One for mom and one for my sister." I said.

"Oh. That makes sense." Brock said. "You do nothing without purpose after all."