Chapter 17: I love him

The next day I had been invited to hang out with the Divas. It wasn't something I would usually do but whatever. I wore an off shoulder crop top and skinny jeans with some sneakers. The other girls, other than Paige of course, were dressed up. We met at a restaurant and It ended up being Paige, Trinity, and I talking and the others talking to each other.

"Wait what happened? I wasn't there." Paige said.

"At the house show on Saturday some perv from the crowd slammed me into the barricade and put his hand up my shirt."

"Seriously?!" Trinity exclaimed.

"Yeah. Seth, Rome, and Dean ended up pulling me away but not before Brock punched the crap outta the guy. I didn't even know why he was there."

"Wow." They knew about everything that happened with Brock, even what my friends did. "So what else happened?"

"He carried me to the doctor and he...he..."

"He what?" Paige said, mouth full of food.

"He touched my face."

"Your face?" Trinity asked.

"Yeah. He like caressed it."

"Wow. That's an improvement." Paige said.

"Why does everyone think I'm gonna get with him?"

"Who?" Nikki asked, pulling the attention towards me.

"Brock."

"You guys would be cute together!" Natalya said. "You know you both radiate dominance."

"That's true." Brie said.

"Do you like him?" Alicia asked.

"I..." I stopped. "I don't know."

"Seriously?" Nikki said.

"I've never felt what it's like to like someone as more than a friend." I said with a sigh.

"Seriously? Not even a crush?" Brie asked.

"I grew up worrying about other things."

"Like what?" Natalya asked.

"I don't like talking about it." I said. "I...I can't-"

"It's okay," Trinity said.

We separated a few minutes later and I ran home to change into gym clothes. I needed to clear my mind. Need to feel something other than his caress. I walked into the gym to find his shirtless working out. I swallowed hard, frozen. He was the only one there other than me. It was odd but true. He finished his rep and got a drink. Sweat glistened off of him as muscles rippled and I swallowed again. My heart felt fluttery. I felt like pudding. I didn't understand it. His eyes flicked up to me and he froze as well.

"Hey," He said.

"Hey. Um. Thanks for yesterday."

"I didn't do anything."

"You punched the heck outta that guy. For a guy who doesn't care, it sure seemed like you did." I muttered the last sentence but I think he heard it because he froze than walked towards me. He grabbed my arms, holding them tightly.

"I never meant to say I didn't care. I was trying to scare you off because I didn't know how to handle it."

"H-Handle what?"

"I need to get it out of my system. That's all." Before I could react he pressed his lips to mine. My eyes widened but soon I was kissing back, my arms around his neck. He held fast to me before pulling away and walking past me. He disappeared from my sight and I slide down the wall I hadn't realized I was pressed against. My phone came up to my ear.

"Hey Trinity," I said. "I don't like him. I love him." I hung up without explaining.