Hold On - Chapter 22

HELLO EVERYONE!!

Ooooohhhh myyyyy goooooooooodddddnnnnnneeeessssssss

It's been weyhey too long. I greatly apologize for the extremely long wait. But UTM is back and so am I! God, I've missed writing so much.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments because UTM HAS REACHED 200K READS OMG

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS FANFIC. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME <33

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy this chapter :) it's A LOT longer to make up for the long wait :)

Songs Inspired: Hold On by Michael Buble, Love Bug by Jonas Brothers, My Girl by The Temptations, Overboard by Justin Bieber,

*************

I couldn't believe my eyes. I don't know whether to kiss his lips off or to smack that stupidly gorgeous smile off for scaring me so badly.

He bit his bottom lip, which I can already tell has some cuts and is quite swollen from the... umm.... well... I'd rather not think about that "incident" at the moment.

His eyes scanned all around my face and they were filled with amazement. Is he happy to... see me? How can that be? After all that has happened, he still looks at me like that. After all the harsh words that we've exchanged to each other, I would think he would be mad, maybe even furious with me. I'm so confused...

The edge of his lips formed into a small, fragile smile. It was just enough to show the whites of his teeth. "Hey babe," he whispered, his voice cracking. It seemed like it took a lot of energy for him just to do that.. A wave of guilt swept over me.

I examined his face even more. With every look that I take, the guilt just keeps getting stronger and stronger. My face goes blank but I can feel my face heating up. I hadn't realized just how close our faces are. I can even feel his breath brush against my cheeks. His breathing is.. shaky. Very shaky, in fact. And I can feel his heart racing against my chest. Is he.. nervous? Why would he be nervous? He has absolutely no reason to be. Maybe he thinks we have broken up because of what.... he did? Or of what I did. Maybe he thinks that we're still together? Then again, what are we exactly? Fuck, I don't even know what we are. I don't think we've broken up.. but we haven't really been treating each other the very best like a couple should. God, why is this so confusing? Not to mention frustrating. I wish I can just figure out what my feelings are exactly instead of just randomly guessing or going with what I feel in the very moment. I hate Austin for all the things he said to me, especially since he knows how much words affect me. But then again, I don't hate him. I'm mad that he's ran away and tried to.. you know.. that. However, I can understand why he would run away. If only he knew that he could talk to me about anything, even if we were fighting. He needs to know that he will never be alone. But wasn't it me that pushed him away?