1st.

This story was written by datordona !! She has more work on here as well so go to her page for more ❤️❤️❤️

Beyonce wrapped her lush white towel tighter around her frame and stepped from the small shower. Shuffling from the maintenance area of the locker room, she made her way casually over to her small, white oak locker. The private compartment came without a door and complete with one shelf at the top and two small hooks on both sides. It wasn't much but at the same time, the small metal plate with her last name etched into it made the compartment seem luxurious.

Wiping herself dry, Beyonce moved around and prepared herself to leave quietly while her teammates buzzed with conversation and comfort. She wasn't the most popular among her basketball team for a number of reasons. Beyonce counted them lamely in her head as she put on her clothes: 1. She was a freshman and therefore prone to some dislike among her teammates who were mostly older than her. It was a horrible coincidence that she was the one of the only four freshman accepted to the University of South Carolina on a scholarship. 2. She pretty much kept to herself by nature because of her small town background. And 3. Because she turned out to be the best basketball player on the team.

Despite the fact that they were older and more equipped with the time to be better than Beyonce, her teammates simply lacked where she didn't.
And that realization made her a leper in her new college.

She pulled her loose fitting Hanes© v-neck shirt over her head and then slipped into her faded Abercrombie© men's jeans. The small holes in the knees and thighs plus the fact that they were men's jeans made her appear relaxed but she did it purely for comfort. She slipped her feet into her crisp white air force ones and threw her Nike bag over her shoulder.

No one bothered to acknowledge her or say a few friendly words since she was leaving. But she wasn't surprised since a majority of the women hated her.

But they didn't understand. None of them did.

Sports were her life, unlike people that only did it to get into college free or as a hobby because they were good at it. She ate, slept, and breathed athletics, especially basketball. So when she stepped out on the court and found that she possessed more talent than everyone else on the team it didn't surprise her like it did everybody else. She had been playing since she was four and had dedicated ridiculous amounts of her time to the sport. She deserved the gift God had given her.

And no one wanted to respect the time she had put into developing what she did. They would all rather place judgment and ridicule.

T, Beyonce's roommate and one of the teams top post guards noticed the talented freshman leaving and called out to her. "You did good Beyonce."

She saw her friend Kim roll her eyes in the corner of her eye but didn't speak on it until Beyonce gave a humble reply and left the locker room. When the freshman did leave, T started in on her. "Yo Kim, you gotta calm the hell down with that attitude man."

Kim was a bit of a drama queen and T couldn't remember when the two of them had actually become friends. She was a gorgeous girl with a shapely form and long dark brown hair. Her equally dark and mysterious eyes made it easy to become drawn to her. But the attitude that she had been exhibiting lately was a bit too much for the people around her.

And a year ago she had every right to have her nose in the air since she was star point guard of the basketball team. But now that the new girl, the freshmeat with the manly persona had come into town, Kim could hardly get game time in practice.

Kim turned and rolled her eyes defensively. "What?"

T looked at her friend and tried to remember when she had become the person that she was. She couldn't remember her acting like this. She was almost certain that if she had been, Kim wouldn't have become one of her best friends like she was.